FDR State Park Hunt Dec.6-7

Dehunt

I got drawn on this hunt after 5 years of putting in for it.
Went scouting and found nothing..Any members been on hunt? What area has most deer,etc....Thanks for any Help
All i found was people sign everywhere...:banginghe

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
I went to FDR once, I believe it was the second year that it had been opened to hunting. To say the least I found it to be a huge disappointment and a complete waste of my time and valuable hunting days. I hope that you have better luck with it.

tdc4dade4

Yea good luck that place is tough , My group got drawn in the early years we did harvest a couple deer , But wow it was a tough place to hunt .

We just went and camped there recently, took a few walking trails and didnt see any sign at all, tracks, rubs, you name it. Not there. I would think that the human presence has them pushed off the place .

LTZ25

If that's the place where the FDR overlook is , I've never hunted it but last year I had the biggest buck I've every seen cross the ridge road in daylight in front of us headed to see the Xmas lights . That deer was huge !!!! At least 10 points .

GAMHUNTER35

it is tough alot of hills an valleys i was able to get my 2 an the 4 folks hunting by me got theirs but we were meat hunting we were down the road from the pool cant remember the name of the road right off

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Find the food sources and find the deer.

Dehunt

fDR

Thanks for all the help.But will not get to make it...Family is first..Daughter was in car accident...So helping with the kids...She will be fine..GOD is GOOD

cowhornedspike

it is tough alot of hills an valleys i was able to get my 2 an the 4 folks hunting by me got theirs but we were meat hunting we were down the road from the pool cant remember the name of the road right off

Yep. My son and I used your cart to tote our 3 out, thanks again for loaning it to us ...that is a good area. Don't remember the road name either but could find it on a map.