DNR Ranger ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It was not private property. It's timberland & if your on your own and breaking the law .... Well if the DNR has a tip. Expect a visit.

Possum

Banned
Timber company land is private property

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
A hunting lease generally gives hunting rights, not ownership rights. The property owner still has plenty or property rights that he can exercise himself or ask another to exercise for him.

Possum

Banned
A hunting lease generally gives hunting rights, not ownership rights. The property owner still has plenty or property rights that he can exercise himself or ask another to exercise for him.

The landowner and the individuals leasing should have privacy rights. I know they don't and the DNR can go where they want but I'm saying they should. Again, I say if DNR was asked to check things out by someone that's a different story. I'm fine with that. I just don't like the idea of any Gov agency snooping around private land. To say as long as I obey the laws I have nothing to worry about is a dangerous stance. One could say same about entry into your home to look for illegal activities, who would be for that?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
You do not own it. If you break there rules they will not lease to u again. They give keys to DNR. Yea it's private. It's there private and u lease hunting rights that have rules to that contract.
Lols I have 2500 acres of private land. Owned by several timber company's. If u break timberland rules on my place ...., u are gone in a heart beat. I have a year to year contract.
No u can't hunt my lease unless u are a member where I turn in your name to the timber company.
Any more questions just ask the DNR ranger that patrols this area.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
If I'm shooting deer out my bathroom widow at night on my land & it gets reported. Well I should of used more caution. I own the land. Not the deer. The deer belong to the state.

Possum

Banned
You do not own it. If you break there rules they will not lease to u again. They give keys to DNR. Yea it's private. It's there private and u lease hunting rights that have rules to that contract.
Lols I have 2500 acres of private land. Owned by several timber company's. If u break timberland rules on my place ...., u are gone in a heart beat. I have a year to year contract.
No u can't hunt my lease unless u are a member where I turn in your name to the timber company.
Any more questions just ask the DNR ranger that patrols this area.

Are you accusing someone of breaking a law? If landowner asked DNR to patrol than its great that he did but I find it more likely the DNR officer was just checking things out on his own. And if a neighbor reported something like bait, I hope the DNR asked how they knew about it unless they were trespassing.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have not accused no one just stated facts on the law that is for hunting leases & private property. I think u just want to argue
I'm done.

Possum

Banned
If I'm shooting deer out my bathroom widow at night on my land & it gets reported. Well I should of used more caution. I own the land. Not the deer. The deer belong to the state.

You are making a huge assumption that something illegal was done on this guys club and that is why DNR was there.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Maybe they killed deer with corn in them. Asked to investigate. Yes u can feed legal. But there is the tip that has to be investigated.
Bye

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I don't care not my problem. Either way and u want to argue.
Lols good day my friend

LTZ25

I agree, in fact I think the OP should drive up to the local DNR office and ask him what he was doing on their lease rather than ask us here on the interweb. Go tell him how you feel about it!

That makes sense to me . While at the office thank them for looking after the place . It should be something they do a lot more of then there would be a few less thiefs in the camp sites .

Jeff Raines

If y'all want less deer camp thievery,give the local police force,or county sheriff a key to your gate and ask them to patrol.
DNR is not camp guards.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Lol-ing.. Threads just jump off on a Downhill tangent and lose all braking ability. Love this forum!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Never said timber was public land. Said it was not owned by him. They can give a key to DNR without telling him. They can timber when they want.
The DNR may of just been doing random what ever during the week when slow.
If I was on that land without permission. I'm tresspassing. :)
What gates we had up got knocked down by the timber crews.
I do own 50ty and have my own locks & gates
Any way y'all can twist this post around now. :)

watermedic

You guys are killin' me!:biggrin2:

Greenjeans was there, so what? How did he know if anyone was there or not at the time? There are a lot of clubs that when I am called to track a deer, they close the gate and lock it after we go in.

That is his job. Yes, he can go on private property during the course of his duties without permission.

My guess is that the last thing you should do is to go to the district office and ask to know why he was there.

Just let it go.:cheers: