coyote bounty

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
How would this be funded?

T

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If they want it to be effective they better pony up more than a couple of bucks a coyote. Anything less than an amount that would make ANYONE shoot one on sight would just be a "see, we tried it and it don't work" exercise.

If you were in a deer stand in mid november and one ran out would you end the hunt (practically speaking) for 10 dollars?

Now what if it was 300 dollars?

Having said that, someone told you something that I wouldn't put much stock in.

T

GA DAWG

I shoot everyone I see now..I'd shoot the same amount if it was only 2 dollars:bounce:

smitty8765

If they do it will be a county by county type thing. Mitchell county has a bounty on beavers. $25 per tail. Why could'nt they do something like that for the yotes?

Coastie

someone told me there is going to be a coyote bounty next year... does any one know if that is true or not?

Don't hold your breath, the State doesn't have enough money to pay their employees let alone spend money on something that has been proven not to work.

Coastie

If they do it will be a county by county type thing. Mitchell county has a bounty on beavers. $25 per tail. Why could'nt they do something like that for the yotes?

If I send you the tails from the ones I trap, we'll split the profit, Right?:biggrin2:

jason bales

Banned
If they want it to be effective they better pony up more than a couple of bucks a coyote. Anything less than an amount that would make ANYONE shoot one on sight would just be a "see, we tried it and it don't work" exercise.

If you were in a deer stand in mid november and one ran out would you end the hunt (practically speaking) for 10 dollars?

Now what if it was 300 dollars?

Having said that, someone told you something that I wouldn't put much stock in.

T

yes T i think most deer hunters would go ahead and put the yote down i know i would, and i was talking to the guys at the camp next to me last weekend and one guy said he let a 8 point go just to shoot the yote he seen at the same time.

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
The insurance companies would never stand for it. Coyotes are doing to the deer population what the insurance industry has been trying to legislate for years..........reducing the herd. At the statehouse, your insurance money is used to buy favorable results (for the industry, not for you).

rawdawg2034

The bounty thing in this day and time won't work in fact it has never worked or we would still have one . if you want good quality deer then we should kill every yote we see. 80% of the fawn population is killed in the first 8 weeks by yotes. An animal cant differentiate between gunfire or thunder so shoot them off your stands it will help you in the long run. We can thin them out a little but you won't eradicate them .

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
The insurance companies would never stand for it. Coyotes are doing to the deer population what the insurance industry has been trying to legislate for years..........reducing the herd. At the statehouse, your insurance money is used to buy favorable results (for the industry, not for you).

Been waiting on someone to tie it all together.:D

T

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
The bounty thing in this day and time won't work in fact it has never worked or we would still have one . if you want good quality deer then we should kill every yote we see. 80% of the fawn population is killed in the first 8 weeks by yotes. An animal cant differentiate between gunfire or thunder so shoot them off your stands it will help you in the long run. We can thin them out a little but you won't eradicate them .

Reference please.

T

rawdawg2034

I am sorry i for got to list the game birds.
UGA did a study last year in north GA and NE. AL. two 10k ac. tracks of land the had a trapping co. out of TN. clean out 25 yotes, 6 cats, and 12 fox. the controlled area had a better fawn rate then the uncontrolled area . they did DNA testing and several trail cams and video cameras .
There is an article in the predator extreme this month on predation.

keller625

iv been told that there already is a bounty in the atlanta area counties on coyotes, just that anywhere with woods that you might be able to actualy try and hunt is private so the bounty doesnt realy do anything. i have no idea on the truth to that though, might be old or made up, idk.