hunting knife?

godogs57

Any of us knifemakers can make one that would do you proud. Check the Hobbies, Crafts and Homebrews forum for several of our posts.

I forge and grind stock removal and have made several 1095 blades that worked really fine...but I have made more out of 52100, 1084 and 1075 that worked just as well....its a personal decision.

walkinboss01

I had one of the guys forge me one, and have absolutely no regrets. There are some guys on the forum that do great work.

Anvil Head

Most any of us custom makers can make you a hunting knife using 1095 if that is the steel of choice for you.
As GD57 mentioned, there are a lot of other quality blade steels out there as well and most can be accommodated.

Few things to consider that will make your request simpler to handle:
1-Be more specific as to what "Hunting Knife" means to you. Picture of what you like is always helpful.
2-Know what size blade you want.
3-Be as specific as you can: a-blade design, length, width, overall shape, etc. b-handle material preference (wide range of choices) c-fittings preference ie. guard/no guard, material, etc. d-finish: mirror polish, matt, forged, etc. e-"bling": file work, engraving, cerakoted, etc. f-sheath preference: leather, kydex, belt carry, pocket carry, high ride or low ride, ornate or plain

As you can see there are a lot of variables to consider and some require adjustment in a price quote. Therefore, the more specific you are the more likely you are to be pleased with what you get. Also "Custom" means you can have a one-of-a-kind knife that would be very personal to you.
Give it some thought.