Food plot on gas line

mossyhorn

Can you plant food plots on a gas line? I have a new lease in Lauren's co in Caldwell area and wondering if it's legal like planting power lines. If so, does anybody know someone that might can do this for me. Any help is appreciated kinda new to this area of the county being I usually hunt in dodge. Thanks Ted

thomas gose

You better call "811" Its a dig hotline for pipelines I would say no but cant answer for certain. The pipline I work for would have a stroke if the patrol plane flew over and saw an unauthorized tractor on the right of way. Just call the 811 number and ask to be sure you can or cant.

BrotherBadger

Contact them, chances are it won't be a big deal. If you plan to till it up, let them know(the number should be on the right of way markers) We have had food plots on our gas line for about 10 years now, never had any problems with the company. We bring a tractor in every year.

Ol' Dixie

Dixie Pipeline promotes it, cuts down their labor on keeping the line clear, however you should call your pipeline company. Usually if it's compact tractor and equipment, they are fine with it. The Forestry here won't do pipelines but their equipment is much heavier than typical farm tractors.

roscoe54

If you can put the seed down the Forestry dept. will disc for 90 dollars and hour.You would be amazed how much they can disc in a hour.You can call Terry in Eastman he will give you the number in Lauren's county.

Salvation is for all who belive in Gods Word

95g atl

Our pipeline is planted every year, never had any issues.
Good advice about calling 811 before you "dig".
Would call the gas line company as well.

1gr8bldr

They added another line on my lease about 7 years ago. It surprised me how deep. At least 7ft to the top of a huge pipe. Problem was that after they were done, no top soil remained. Or maybe it was covered up. The dirt from down that deep was worthless for growing anything. It's that dirt that now is on top. It will take many years to change that. Before they dug it, it was an awesome spot

specialk

Dixie Pipeline promotes it, cuts down their labor on keeping the line clear, however you should call your pipeline company. Usually if it's compact tractor and equipment, they are fine with it. The Forestry here won't do pipelines but their equipment is much heavier than typical farm tractors.

this....we have a mile of right-of-way that we have been planting for 20 years on dixie pipeline.........

3d foam killer

i know here in lamar county i plant 200 yards of the pipeline and have had nothing but suport from the pipeline company. they dont even touch my property they just fly over it. i cut it for them. you wouldnt imagine the face the guy on the bushhog had when he saw how mowed down the stretch on my property was. he just got on the main road and went on.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Did you hear anything back from them?

5 1/2 yr old thread. I hope they did by now lol. Some plant the gas line on our tract. However I've seen the gas pipe exposed on some washed hills. :hair: Hate to hit that with a drill or disc.

humdandy

Banned
I have 1000 yards of gas line running through my farm and have planted it every year for the past 20 years.

Gas company does not own the property.......I do.

I would talk to the landowner.....I know our lines are buried 4-5 ft. to the top of the line.

Good luck.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I have a gas easement on one of my properties.

You can plant it.

I'd talk to the gas company first.

They worry about how many times you go over it and changing the grade.

They inspect pipe depth semi-regularly. They also said they pay closer attention to areas that get farmed.

Good luck.