No Till Drill

Longhorn 16

Looking for a drill to plant various sized seed. I am thinking of an 8’ or 10’ Model. I have no experience with drills so I am looking for recommendations. I have various tractors up to 85hp. I would be planting 30 to 40 acres.

labsnducks

Find you a good tye pasture pleaser. You can still find good used ones and parts are still available. It is 7 ft though

Mexican Squealer

David, it has two seed boxes. Can drill pretty much anything. I still prefer a 4 row planter for corn but it does great for everything else. I've had mine 8-10 years and it came with both seed boxes. Looks like it might be an "option" now.

davidhelmly

David, it has two seed boxes. Can drill pretty much anything. I still prefer a 4 row planter for corn but it does great for everything else. I've had mine 8-10 years and it came with both seed boxes. Looks like it might be an "option" now.

Thanks for the info, I’m looking to save time by planting large seed and small at the same time. I’m pretty much sold on the Woods PSS84 seeder but may look at some used drills also when the time comes.

aabradley82

Be sure to get one that the “feet” are easy to repair/replace. We’ve got an old one that has a bent bolt that you rotate to adjust the discs and it’ll make you throw tools.

Longhorn 16

Thanks for the input guys! Research I have done based on Above responses already is paying off.

marcel ledbetter

Thanks for the info, I’m looking to save time by planting large seed and small at the same time. I’m pretty much sold on the Woods PSS84 seeder but may look at some used drills also when the time comes.

Looking on e- bay , it looks like a second seed box for the Kasco is about half the price of the whole unit $4-5k yikes!

catch22

we used one several years. but we just rented it from the local Ag extension office. was super cheap and much better than buying one.

I will say that we didnt like the plots when we used it. I understand all of the advantages etc....but we like our plots to look like lush yards and the no till never provided that to us