GoPro Question.....

Yakman22

My wife recently bought me a GoPro hero 5 for my birthday, i wanna use it for when I'm kayak fishing a lake or out on the river. My question is, do most of y'all GoPro users wear it on your head, chest or on a stick mount behind your seat??? I know 2 GoPro's would be ideal, but with me just having one what is gonna get me the best videos?(I'm thinking behind my seat) thanks guys!

YakinChuck

Wear it in your head helps to keep the fish in the shot all the way to the boat. But if it’s to much movement it can cause the viewers to get sea sick.

61BelAir

I don't have/use one, but I'd think having it on a stick would be one more thing in the way of casting. I know I sometimes whack one of the rods behind me - usually right when I'm around a school or have a good fish in sight. Sometimes that slings the rear pole out into the river....or at the least gives a nasty birdnest. I haven't lost a rod that way yet, but I wouldn't want to dunk a camera.

The chest mounts look useful, but I've watched several videos where the goofballs ended up with the fish out of the frame for the whole landing through releasing. I'd get to see the start of the fight and then I'm left with no idea what they caught. Coulda been a dink or a 12 pounder. LOL

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i use mine on a pole over my shoulder or clamped to a YakAttack command stand behind me (my favorite) i have used the head mount on my latest video but i have to really concentrate to not move too much. the panfish portrait is another good mount but in front i have to be careful not to get crotch shots!

JakkBauer

I’ve been digging chest mount for single cam. It seems to pick up most everything quite well for a good balance of what is happening without too much movement while not being in just one place. It is truly a first person view as you can see exactly what your hands are up to which I find helps me refine my fishing’s techniques later on.

grey goose 01

I have a chest mount, yak attack panfish pole mount, and a head mount.

Chest mount is ok, but gets uncomfortable after a while. Plus the field of view is sorta blocked by your hands and reel while fishing.

Pole mount, just picked it up so I haven't tried it out yet, but I will probably like the over the shoulder look.

Head mount. I HATE the gopro head strap. Too tight for my head or putting around a hat. What I did was look on ebay or amazon and look up gopro hat. I think its made by smatree or something like that. It's an actual baseball hat with a gopro attachment made onto the front part where logos usually are. WAY more comfortable! The only negative is, you do get a lot of camera movement from your head.

Hope this helps!

grey goose 01

I tried out the yak attack panfish camera pole this weekend. Attached it to my blackpak, but upon review, I noticed a lot of the back of my head/hat took up most of the field of view. So I'm going to have to add a dogbone extension to get the view up a little bit higher, to my liking.