Taurus PT-140 G2 help

gunnurse

I was going to clean and oil my EDC today and ran into a problem. I always carry with a round chambered (of course.) When I took the magazine out and tried to extract the chambered round, the slide would not slide back. I oiled the slide, still nothing.

Besides the obvious statements like "don't buy a Taurus," has anyone ever had a problem such as this; and what is a solution?

williamt

Did you try putting the mag back in and racking it? Don't know about the Taurus could it be a "safety" feature.

gunnurse

I did try that, along with everything else. Took it to the local gun shop, and they got the slide to come come back, but pieces fell out afterward. Apparently, it had something to do with the magazine lock. I'm going to send it back to Taurus and see what happens.

WGSNewnan

i can tell you whats gonna happen next. taurus is gonna keep your gun for about 8-12 weeks and then send it back fixed. MAYBE!

here you go - join - and enjoy.

taurusarmed.net

gunnurse

I have spent countless hours trying to get Taurus to answer my call. I have tried several times to get a return authorization by internet. Nothing.

I guess when all of your time is spent in retrieve and refund mode of dangerous handguns, simple matters like customer service for other problems are thrown out.

So, I will simply disassemble this handgun and throw away the pieces. With that goes the event that I will ever purchase this brand again.

Dub

I have spent countless hours trying to get Taurus to answer my call. I have tried several times to get a return authorization by internet. Nothing.

I guess when all of your time is spent in retrieve and refund mode of dangerous handguns, simple matters like customer service for other problems are thrown out.

So, I will simply disassemble this handgun and throw away the pieces. With that goes the event that I will ever purchase this brand again.

That's about all you can do.

The good news is that you didn't discover this condition when your life may have depended on it.

Dismantle, dispose of it and never look back.

Plenty of other reliable & reputable manufacturers available.