UGA basketball coach

lampern

Crean compiled a 356-231 record in 18 seasons at Marquette and Indiana from 1999-2017. His teams have reached postseason play during 13 of those campaigns, with nine NCAA appearances and four NIT bids. Crean led Marquette to the 2003 NCAA Final Four and has reached four Sweet 16s at Marquette and Indiana. All told, Crean's teams have been ranked in the Associated Press and/or USA Today polls during 12 seasons, including top-10 finishes in 2003 and 2013.

http://georgiadogs.com/news/2018/3/15/mens-basketball-tom-crean-named-bulldogs-head-coach.aspx

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
We found this out 2 weeks ago! ::ke: :bounce:

I think he will do a good job in Athens. I hope so!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
A good Men's BB program will be okay as long as it doesn't take any resources from our football program. I personally would rather watch them unloads trucks down at dollar store, as watch a women's BB game.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Crean is a good coach. He'll be a good fit for the round ball Dawgs.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
He has loss every top notch recruit that had already committed to UGA. He is gonna find out that he will not get the highly rated High School talent to consider Georgia.

westcobbdog

He has loss every top notch recruit that had already committed to UGA. He is gonna find out that he will not get the highly rated High School talent to consider Georgia.

its not easy but we have had more than a few highly ranked players. Hard to compete with bags of cash being handed out at places like UK, UNC, Duke, ect...

lampern

Dominique Wilkins bypassed UNC, Duke et al for Georgia at one time.............

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

They actually made the final four the yr after he left, but I will admit he was a great player.

IF UGA could get some stars one yr, make a run in the tourney then recruiting would be easier.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

There have been a few through the years, there was Terry Fair, Litteral Green, Jarvis Hays type. But there has been a lot more years where they struggled to get a few 3 stars.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There have been a few through the years, there was Terry Fair, Litteral Green, Jarvis Hays type. But there has been a lot more years where they struggled to get a few 3 stars.

Yep. We just don't have a reputation as a round ball school. Everybody knows we're all about football first, last, only and always.