Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Around the Campfire


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2018, 04:48 PM
lbzdually's Avatar
lbzdually lbzdually is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chatsworth
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default Little old grandma's.

Did anyone else have a little grandma that scared you to behave better than anyone else? I remember mine used to put me and my cousins on separate couches when we got in trouble and told us of we were still misbehaving she was getting a hickory or a belt. Well yesterday, she passed away at 93 years old. She was the sweetest little old lady, unless you crossed her or messed with her grandkids. I remember her taking me to the flea market in Acworth when I was about 7 or 8 and me taking my Hot-Wheels to sell. While my Mamaw was setting up an older lady saw the Hot Wheels and told she would give me 5 dollars for all of them. I must have had 45-50 of them and 5 dollars sounded like a lot to me, so I took it. When my Mamaw Green found out, she went to looking for that lady for taking advantage of me. She must of left and it was probably a good thing she did or she have gotten a tongue lashing and maybe more. We are going to miss her so much.
__________________
"I'm going to offer a choice-do you want an empty life or meaningful death." -The Mandarin
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-2018, 05:06 PM
bear claw's Avatar
bear claw bear claw is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The brush
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Sorry for your loss. But greatful for your memories.
__________________
Drinkin an dreamin knowing dang well i cant go.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2018, 05:57 PM
ddgarcia's Avatar
ddgarcia ddgarcia is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: athens
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

RIP Mawma Green. Sorry for your loss
__________________
At that point I had the right to remain silent........but I didn't have the ability - Ron White
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2018, 07:41 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Sounds like MawMaw Green was a goodun. Sorry for your loss. Look on the bright side. She's found that lady that rolled you on your Hot Wheels and when you see her again she'll have them for you.
__________________
The World is fine. The circus just won't leave town. - PopPop
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2018, 08:06 PM
KyDawg's Avatar
KyDawg KyDawg is offline
Bo$$ Mod
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Adairville Ky.
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Sorry for your loss dually. My Grandma Royal, lived to 103, and up until her last days, her mind was still sharp. One of her favorite sayings was, "There is no shame of lice landing on your head, but it is a shame if you dont get rid of them. It took me 30 years before I figured out what she meant. When she was 100 years old, she was honored at Cleveland field in Valdosta watching her beloved Wildcats.
__________________
"He seemed like a nice old man." Brownceluse
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2018, 10:02 PM
lbzdually's Avatar
lbzdually lbzdually is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chatsworth
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Thanks guys. She had Alzheimer's and her body was still in pretty good shape up until a few years ago. So many good times. She had gotten really bad Monday and she was just breathing as hard as she could just to stay alive. Her breaths got more and more shallow and she passed peacefully. I normally get so torn up at Funeral homes, but I am so at peace because of how hard her last few days were. Her last sister passed last week out of 6 siblings and her body just finally said, it's time to go be with all her brothers and sisters, my uncle, my 2 sisters and all her loved ones. She was my last remaining grandparent. My best memories of childhood were summer days spent fishing with my Mamaw and Papaw Cantrell, or staying with my Mamaw and Papaw Green, as I was their only grandson. I suspect I will get pretty tore up at the funeral tomorrow, but man alive it is great knowing she is up there out of pain talking my sisters and uncle Arnold.
__________________
"I'm going to offer a choice-do you want an empty life or meaningful death." -The Mandarin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Nugefan's Avatar
Nugefan Nugefan is offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dacula
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

prayer sent ....
__________________
Gonna spend the last half of my life tryin' to fix the things I screwed up the first half ...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Keebs's Avatar
Keebs Keebs is offline
Ma Hen
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fitzbeccaville
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

's for you, ain't nuttin like loosing a grandparent....
__________________
I may not know Karate, but I do know *Crazy* and I ain't afraid to use it!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2018, 09:43 AM
mrs. hornet22's Avatar
mrs. hornet22 mrs. hornet22 is offline
Floor sweeper, dish washer
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: THE Classic City
iTrader: (4) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbzdually View Post
Did anyone else have a little grandma that scared you to behave better than anyone else? I remember mine used to put me and my cousins on separate couches when we got in trouble and told us of we were still misbehaving she was getting a hickory or a belt. Well yesterday, she passed away at 93 years old. She was the sweetest little old lady, unless you crossed her or messed with her grandkids. I remember her taking me to the flea market in Acworth when I was about 7 or 8 and me taking my Hot-Wheels to sell. While my Mamaw was setting up an older lady saw the Hot Wheels and told she would give me 5 dollars for all of them. I must have had 45-50 of them and 5 dollars sounded like a lot to me, so I took it. When my Mamaw Green found out, she went to looking for that lady for taking advantage of me. She must of left and it was probably a good thing she did or she have gotten a tongue lashing and maybe more. We are going to miss her so much.
I'm sorry for your loss.
Speaking of hot wheels, I had a yard sale and my boy(about 6 at the time) had a small suitcase full of hot wheels. Some were mine when I was young. Man came up and gave my son 5.00 for the whole thing. I was helping someone else. When my hubby found out he was fit to be tied.
__________________
The best things in life aren't things.
I might be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Pop's Avatar
Pop Pop is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cherokee County
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Sorry for your loss. Like already said, no one can take the memories from you. They will be with you almost every day for the rest of your life.

I have to share a memory of my Granny:

My granny and I were real close and shared a lot of the same interest. She loved shooting, chewing tobacco, fishing, and all the pleasures of life.
When she was in the hospital, her daughter (my Aunt) was one of those who got above her raising and insisted that granny not chew any tobacco. I visited her one day and she asked if I had any tobacco, of course I had some Red Man but she wanted Canonball. I left her room and went directly to the store and picked her up a plug of Cannonball. I returned and she took almost half a plug at one chew. The Nurse came in and saw this and politely explained that she needed a spit cup and would be back in a minute with her a cup.
My Aunt came in and was not very happy with me or her Mom but what granny wants granny gets in my book. Granny passed a few days later but I have so many memories of her and this being one I will cherish and never forget.

Just had to share this with you
__________________
No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Cmp1's Avatar
Cmp1 Cmp1 is offline
Swamp Yankee
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Michigan
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Sorry for your loss,,,, was always great to go to Grandma's house,,,,
__________________
ADSC member,,,, Swamp Yankee,,,,
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Lindseys Grandpa's Avatar
Lindseys Grandpa Lindseys Grandpa is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Newnan Ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Had one didn't weigh 90lbs never heard her raise her voice.
Didn't disobey because you didn't want to disappoint her.
Most Christian person I ever knew . Preacher at her funeral described her as the best person he had ever met. I didn't spend near as much time with her as I should have .
Very sorry for your loss.
__________________
Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes. God bless little children while they still to young to hate. Tom T Hall
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
lagrangedave's Avatar
lagrangedave lagrangedave is offline
useless thread starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lagrange, Ga.
iTrader: (3) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Aunt Jessie was an angel........I spent many a day fishing with her and aunt Parry.....
__________________
Useles
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2018, 04:50 PM
elfiii's Avatar
elfiii elfiii is offline
Admin
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The country formerly known as America
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbzdually View Post
Thanks guys. She had Alzheimer's and her body was still in pretty good shape up until a few years ago. So many good times. She had gotten really bad Monday and she was just breathing as hard as she could just to stay alive. Her breaths got more and more shallow and she passed peacefully. I normally get so torn up at Funeral homes, but I am so at peace because of how hard her last few days were. Her last sister passed last week out of 6 siblings and her body just finally said, it's time to go be with all her brothers and sisters, my uncle, my 2 sisters and all her loved ones. She was my last remaining grandparent. My best memories of childhood were summer days spent fishing with my Mamaw and Papaw Cantrell, or staying with my Mamaw and Papaw Green, as I was their only grandson. I suspect I will get pretty tore up at the funeral tomorrow, but man alive it is great knowing she is up there out of pain talking my sisters and uncle Arnold.
You might appreciate this one lbz.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=166945
__________________
The World is fine. The circus just won't leave town. - PopPop
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2018, 10:08 PM
lbzdually's Avatar
lbzdually lbzdually is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chatsworth
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfiii View Post
You might appreciate this one lbz.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=166945
Loved it man. You know what bugs me about going to funeral home-all the family you never get to see outside of the funeral home. We just don't get together like we used to.
__________________
"I'm going to offer a choice-do you want an empty life or meaningful death." -The Mandarin
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-13-2018, 08:19 AM
Redbow's Avatar
Redbow Redbow is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bogue NC
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I am certainly sorry for your loss..My Grandma helped my Mom raise me a little ole woman about 90 lbs but she had plenty of git up and go when it came to discipline way back in the day..She always kept a good peach tree switch handy to whip us youngons with as she called us and she did not hesitate to use it when we misbehaved..She was sweet as sugar and loved us all but you had to mind your p's and q's around that woman. We lost her in 1964 we still miss you Grandma..
__________________
If your Dog doesn't like someone you probably won't like them either !
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-13-2018, 08:24 AM
OmenHonkey's Avatar
OmenHonkey OmenHonkey is offline
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South Ga's Finest little city
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Prayers sent. All of my grandparents have been gone. The memories are still here tho!!
__________________
Not much to say.........
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-13-2018, 09:17 PM
lbzdually's Avatar
lbzdually lbzdually is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chatsworth
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmenHonkey View Post
Prayers sent. All of my grandparents have been gone. The memories are still here tho!!
For sure man! All my memories will be here in my head until there are just a couple of marbles rolling around in there, I'm down to 5 or 6 now.
__________________
"I'm going to offer a choice-do you want an empty life or meaningful death." -The Mandarin
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger