22 Hogs in One Night (Video)

JAGER

ryanwhit

Jager, awesome video! I love it!

The camera is mounted on the scope and we see exactly what the shooter sees? Is the scope a standard mil-dot reticle? The reason I ask is because there is a lot to be learned from watching this video on how to lead moving targets, and an ex soldier from the MU is a good person to learn from.

JAGER

Is the scope a standard mil-dot reticle? ...there is a lot to be learned from watching this video on how to lead moving targets.

No, the reticle on a PAS-13 is not a standard Mil-Dot.

I shot 150,000 shotgun shells at moving targets during my nine years at the Army Marksmanship Unit. Your eyes should be focused on the leading edge of the target with the barrel only in your peripheral vision. Your brain (with practice) will automatically put the shotgun in the right position using the correct lead.

Shooting running hogs with a rifle uses the same concept. Your eyes should be focused on the hog's head with the reticle only in your peripheral vision. Your brain (with practice) will automatically put the rifle in the right position using the correct lead.

It is important to keep your barrel moving the same speed as the target, even after you pull the trigger to "follow through" with your shot.

---JAGER

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I love watching that video, i've watched it 4-5 times.

AT LEAST!!!! Some of the other ones too.........leading targets I think is pretty dad gum good!

7MAGMIKE

That is so cool I would love to learn to shoot that well. As a still marksman I am pretty good I guess but as Pea Eye said in Lonesome Dove I got to take the time to make careful aim.

Good work guys

Dupree

nice video. thanks for sharing.

Jeffriesw

Awesome Video !

BornToHuntAndFish

Outstanding job, Jager, as usual. Really appreciate the good post & video. What a blessing ya'll are to farmers. Rest assured, you'll always have lots of us fans supporting you here on the forum & are very glad you're still hanging out here with us. Wish ya'll all the best & lots of success in the future.

ArmyTaco

You hiring?

I got to go with ya sometime. Once I start getting my G.I. Bill and VA disability I am gonna start saving some pennies.:banana::flag:

Great Video Jager. I can say it was a pleasure to meet you and glean from your knowledge when you were in Tifton a few months ago when we ate supper at M.W.'s farm house. Keep the videos coming, they are fun to watch as well as excellent at showing proper technique for shooting at moving targets.