Oklahoma

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
sorry thats alabama. check the SEC website. #1 SEC west is auburn.

Cool! I didn't see where Auburn jumped Bama in the rankings and is now considered 1 of the 4 best teams in the country..

Browning Slayer

Yep. From here on out it's free football. Whatever shortcomings this team has pale in comparison to their accomplishments.

I could care less about the Rose Bowl.. I'm having too much fun trolling the Auburn folks that are still sore they are the 3rd best team in the SEC..

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Cool! I didn't see where Auburn jumped Bama in the rankings and is now considered 1 of the 4 best teams in the country..

check the SEC west standings. alabama #2. that makes them #3 in SEC

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I could care less about the Rose Bowl.. I'm having too much fun trolling the Auburn folks that are still sore they are the 3rd best team in the SEC..

its not my fault you can't stand that your cult is #3

Browning Slayer

check the SEC west standings. alabama #2. that makes them #3 in SEC

Must suck even worse thinking that.. While they play in the Sugar Bowl and Auburn plays In the Peach Bowl.. Sure does feel good being the "King" of the SEC..

There's always next year..

Browning Slayer

its not my fault you can't stand that your cult is #3

Speaking of #3..

20omlr.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

SpotandStalk

I don't know how smart he is but he dang sure knows his way around a ham! Lawd have mercy.

Happy Birthday Bo$$

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Elfiiiii, is way to kind, with his words, I am just a pessimistic person, when it comes to the Dawgs

AugustaDawg

I saw this posted elsewhere by an Alabama fan. I haven't verified it, but because I like/agree with what is said, I'm reposting it here:
Oklahoma's adjusted defensive efficiency ranks them at 59th in the country. The three teams closest to that ranking which Georgia played this season are Florida at 45th, Georgia Tech at 49th, and Tennessee at 70th. Against those three teams, Georgia averaged 40.33 points per game, 414 total yards per game, 277.67 yards rushing per game, 0.67 turnovers per game, and allowed their opponent an average of 11.67 drives per game.

Georgia's adjusted defensive efficiency ranks them at 2nd in the country. The three teams closest to the ranking which Oklahoma played this season are Texas at 6th, Ohio State at 11th, and TCU at 14th. Against those three teams, Oklahoma averaged 34.75 points per game, 500.5 total yards per game, 174 yards rushing per game, 0.75 turnovers per game, and ran an average of 11.75 drives per game.

If the offensive averages for both teams against comparable defenses hold, Georgia wins this game. That means that the real question in this game is whether the weakest unit on the field, Oklahoma's defense, plays significantly better than expected. OU hasn't played a ball-control offense like Georgia. They also haven't played a team with a true, consistent, power-rushing attack like Georgia.

So, the real question in this game is not "Can Georgia slow down OU's offense?" but, rather, "Can OU slow down Georgia's offense?"

OU's defense played great against Ohio State but Ohio State has been more than a little bit up and down this season on offense. They'll need a similar effort and on-field result to that Ohio State game if they're going to beat Georgia.

MCBUCK

Georgia is not even favored in the game. Anybody that thinks it will be a cake walk, needs to get their thinking straight. I personally, have yet to talk to one Dawg Fan in person, who is anything but nervous about this game. Like I said before, most of us just tickled to death, that we beat Auburn and got this far.

All outlets have UGA-1.5 with an O/U 60 on early $$
"Sharps" or sharp betters, will come in late with heavy $ and push it more I heard. I'm not a betting man, so I don't always understand, but I keep hearing and reading that a lot of money is coming in on Georgia. I do know the betting is what pushes the lines and that is why Georgia is a favorite.

MCBUCK

I saw this posted elsewhere by an Alabama fan. I haven't verified it, but because I like/agree with what is said, I'm reposting it here:
Oklahoma's adjusted defensive efficiency ranks them at 59th in the country. The three teams closest to that ranking which Georgia played this season are Florida at 45th, Georgia Tech at 49th, and Tennessee at 70th. Against those three teams, Georgia averaged 40.33 points per game, 414 total yards per game, 277.67 yards rushing per game, 0.67 turnovers per game, and allowed their opponent an average of 11.67 drives per game.

Georgia's adjusted defensive efficiency ranks them at 2nd in the country. The three teams closest to the ranking which Oklahoma played this season are Texas at 6th, Ohio State at 11th, and TCU at 14th. Against those three teams, Oklahoma averaged 34.75 points per game, 500.5 total yards per game, 174 yards rushing per game, 0.75 turnovers per game, and ran an average of 11.75 drives per game.

If the offensive averages for both teams against comparable defenses hold, Georgia wins this game. That means that the real question in this game is whether the weakest unit on the field, Oklahoma's defense, plays significantly better than expected. OU hasn't played a ball-control offense like Georgia. They also haven't played a team with a true, consistent, power-rushing attack like Georgia.

So, the real question in this game is not "Can Georgia slow down OU's offense?" but, rather, "Can OU slow down Georgia's offense?"

OU's defense played great against Ohio State but Ohio State has been more than a little bit up and down this season on offense. They'll need a similar effort and on-field result to that Ohio State game if they're going to beat Georgia.
I read that too. I suppose there is logic there but I am wearing overalls right now too.

Twiggbuster

College football is whacked
They got an undefeated team playing a 3 loss Auburn team in the Peach Bowl. UCF gets no respect.

Browning Slayer

Browning Slayer

MCBUCK

So, lets get back to Oklahoma shall we?

Their message board. Landthieves; may be the crudest message board I have ever visited. SO far Georgia is.......

Not a blueblood program
Second tier.
Third tier program
Unable to recruit their own state ( they signed Sermon)
Play weak schedule
Irrelevant in CFB

It is really quite amazing. The level of how condescending and arrogance of their fanbase is almost to the point of hilarity. I am almost convinced that there is no on on the board over the age of 14
The OU fanbase has, for lack of a better way to interpret things, they have already crowned themselves the winner of this game and in some cases the NC. They have a total lack of respect for UGA at this point. They constantly compare this game to LAST years bowl game against Auburn, and fully believe that we are the same team that Auburn was last year! No offense Aubies, but y'all were a not very good 8.5 last year. Oklahoma is as cocky or more so than Hawaii was in 07' and I honestly think I have lost most any respect I may have had for Oklahoma,,,or at least their fan base.