Valentine's day special

rutnbuk

0K- decided to get back into trapping a little this year. My goal was really just to fool a yote and prove to myself I could do it! Backstory- my bowhunting buddy was BAREHUNTER- some of you might remember him on here. He taught the coyote trapping 101 classes a few years back. I tagged along with him and learned a little along the way- he was amazing at catching critters. He passed away a little over 2 years ago. I decided to get 3 of his traps and go for it. Well I lucked up and caught 2 bobcats, some coons, and a grinner but no yote. BUT this morning- it happened and wow a black one at that! Barehunter- you would be smiling!

Attachments

• IMG_2983.png
    IMG_2983.png
    524.5 KB · Views: 570

SemperFi

He’s smiling now. With one of his traps at that. Congratulations. He helped me a lot on here when I was starting out. Definitely miss seeing him on here.

Jake Allen

Shoot yea! Great catch.

furtaker

Nice catch! I got a picture of a black one a couple weeks ago and I sure would like to snag him. I also miss seeing Stan on here. We used to PM occasionally and he helped me out a lot when I first started trapping.

zeke392

nice catch Shane, I'm sure Stan would approve