Savage 11 or Howa Gameking

Easygo

I'm looking at these in .308 , 7mm08, and 6.5 creedmoor

Weight, stock height , and clean trigger are my main concerns.

Major Wader

If that's the only choices, Howa.

If you're open to suggestions in that price range, Ruger American.

Few hundred more, Kimber 84M Hunter.

Between those, Tikka T3x

catch22

Ive never shot a HOWA but I have shot a bunch of savages. tack driving machines!!!!!

my uncle has the 308 in stainless with the accutrigger and its an absolute joy to shoot

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Savage 11 with the Accutrigger for the win. Put some decent glass on top and you got a tack driver that will never let you down.

catch22

I have a savage 7mag, 270wsm, and had a 300wsm with accutrigger. All of them are extremely accurate. The 3 above do have a little recoil though :)

Joe EC

I own the Howa, both sons own the Savage model 11. All are very nice and in .308. The Howa stock is heavier and stiffer. I full bedded the action on the Howa and will first stiffen the Savage stocks and then full bed them.

ProAngler

If that's the only choices, Howa.

If you're open to suggestions in that price range, Ruger American.

Few hundred more, Kimber 84M Hunter.

Between those, Tikka T3x

Have you shot a ruger American? They look great on paper, which was why I bought one. I owned one in 30-06 and it was the worst shooting gun I ever owned. I spent abkut 160 bucks trying to find ammo it liked. Best groups I got with anything was about 4 inches at 100 yards. I sold it and bought a tikka. Every ammo I have shot with it is MOA or better.