; Who has fished Lake Harding aka Bartlett's Ferry? Would you fish a tourney there? - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Fishing > Freshwater Fishing

Old 03-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Default Who has fished Lake Harding aka Bartlett's Ferry? Would you fish a tourney there?

I fish this lake most of the time because of the big crappie and striper/hybrid numbers. I meet mostly bass guys on the lake. I see a few crappie boats. I fish the alabama creeks mostly so I don't see the Ga side often, just during the spawn and the summer schools of big striper and hybrids.
Anyway I was wondering just how many fish this lake and use GON.com.
Would you fish a Crappie or Stripe bass tourney there?
Thanks for your replies. I am rounding up sponsers and need some idea how many might be interested.
Smitty
Old 03-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned
Default You bet your butt I would!

Man Bartletts is a killer lake, monster bucket mouths in that lake! Comin up real soon hit the docks in pockets and coves with spinnerbaits and during the spawn period skip flukes and tricks as far under the docks as you can get them and hold on!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:10 PM

PM Elmer Pud. He has a place on the Ala. side. He is a very poor fisherman but loves to crappie fish. (He does not like the bass either). Im sure you two would get along fine.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Banned

Come summer at night texas rigged worms with clicker beads in red shad and dark colored worms at night can catch some killer largemouth. I fished a 8 to 8 one time with my brother there and the top three guys had 22 plus pounds. They were targeting rock face walls in deep water with brush on them, deep water.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLongDawg
PM Elmer Pud. He has a place on the Ala. side. He is a very poor fisherman but loves to crappie fish. (He does not like the bass either). Im sure you two would get along fine.
I never said I don't like bass I just love crappie fishing and leave the bass for the ones that love to catch them. I think the green carp nickname is funny.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSE TRITON
Come summer at night texas rigged worms with clicker beads in red shad and dark colored worms at night can catch some killer largemouth. I fished a 8 to 8 one time with my brother there and the top three guys had 22 plus pounds. They were targeting rock face walls in deep water with brush on them, deep water.
The only time I fish for bass is summer nights. That lake has a great night bite. I think it is because of daytime pressure and PWC traffic. Plus it get hot because most of the lake is under 40' deep so the big boys wait until night to get busy. I fish atleast 4 nights a week during the summer. The Stripers get crazy at night. Just put out a light out in sight of the dam and wait they will come. the biggest we catch are hot summer nights.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Talking What's a Bass?

I thought the only 2 kinds of fish there was .......either a minnow or a crappie to eat the minnow