Laurens County Rut

bnew17

My folks live off of 19 (rock springs)... We go there every year for Thanksgiving. Is the rut winding down then? My folks only own 10 acres and room for one stand but it is surrounded by some larger tracts. We don't usually see much. I'd really like to find some land to hunt just for a couple of days that week with my daughter but that's easier said than done.

I own a 90 acre tract off of rock springs road (gotta go through that new subdivision behind hardens grocery to get there) .... i dont there often but ive never seen many deer there....there are some hogs...but a good bit of turkeys...also have a problem with poachers/people driving in that subdivision and shining or shooting turkeys out the truck because there is only about 5 houses built out of 100 + lots out there....but the rut out there shoudl be in FULL swing!

HUNTERBOB

man we have the same problem. i found a blue barrel turned over on the side of a dirt road by our property line and it had 2-3 carcasses in it. 200 yards away there was a shot hog. and then right down from that was just another full body deer with the horns cut off. small body at least!! but dang ya know!!
Possibly the same blue barrel I kicked into the ditch this am just up from Greg couey rd.

Hankus

Sister saw a 4pt pushin a doe this mornin

HUNTERBOB

Man they were waging war on them this am ...any one get one I only saw a buttonhead .....hey bbdjr where exactly are you huntin …no big boys running yet but getting close

Tugboat1

Just got back. Hunted Thurs., Fri., and this morn. Dudley area and 441 north in the valley. Saw a nice ten brought down and heard of a nice eleven. Saw plenty of rubs and one active scrape. Reports of bucks with their nose to the ground. Saw one doe and brought down a boar weighing 200 - 225.

greene_dawg

I own a 90 acre tract off of rock springs road (gotta go through that new subdivision behind hardens grocery to get there) .... i dont there often but ive never seen many deer there....there are some hogs...but a good bit of turkeys...also have a problem with poachers/people driving in that subdivision and shining or shooting turkeys out the truck because there is only about 5 houses built out of 100 + lots out there....but the rut out there shoudl be in FULL swing!

Well... If you ever need any help posting it or doing any work out there, I'd be more than happy to trade some work for a chance to hunt for a day or two... If you're interested, shoot me a PM. I'll be in town Wed of thanksgiving week...:cheers:

BBDJR

Possibly the same blue barrel I kicked into the ditch this am just up from Greg couey rd.

exactly man. it was off of greg couey and cleo moore rd at the 5 way intersection. we lease property all around that area.

HUNTERBOB

exactly man. it was off of greg couey and cleo moore rd at the 5 way intersection. we lease property all around that area.
I hunt the land just back From 5 points where the old home place is with the big Pasture is on cleo Moore .pm me and ill give you my # call me when you are down we can compare trail cam pics see if we're hunting same deer

Hankus

Fri 2 people daylite-1030 no deer
sat 4 poeple daylite-1030 no deer
sun morn 2 people daylite-915 1 doe
sun eve 2 people 330-cain't see no deer
mon eve 2 people 400-dark no deer
tues morn 2 people daylite-1000 i yote
tues eve 2 people 430-dark no deer

I ain't got no idea bout the rut no more I caint see em. Reckon they in lock down?

BBDJR

I have just been receiving texts froma buddy of mine who hunts our property in laurens and said its ON!!! has seen 4 different bucks this morning all chasing and let a good 8 ptr walk he said. Wasnt bigger than anything he has on the wall but a close shooter for sure!! i am leaving this evening!! wish me luck!! :banana::shoot::cool:

Hankus

Luck, my sister saw a small buck crusin this am

HUNTERBOB

Let us know how you do goo luck got a trail cam pic of a nice 11 point from last weekend 3 AM shoot a biggun
I have just been receiving texts froma buddy of mine who hunts our property in laurens and said its ON!!! has seen 4 different bucks this morning all chasing and let a good 8 ptr walk he said. Wasnt bigger than anything he has on the wall but a close shooter for sure!! i am leaving this evening!! wish me luck!! :banana::shoot::cool:

Hankus

IDK dad saw a group of yearlings three were real small (late rut last yr?) yesterday morn and 2 mature does that eve one acted skittish and one jus slippin through fri morn sister saw a small buck crusin I ain't seen one in so long I forgot what they look like

BBDJR

we had 3- 8 pts, a 9 ptr and a 12 ptr killed this w/e. none by me but we had some family in town and they murdered them. nothing with crazy size but good deer for sure. i think they were moving pretty good. ill be down there one more w/e this month. hopefully i can connect.

Hankus

3 of us went this morn, and didn't see nuthing. Only heard 1 shot