Protein feed

Curtis-UGA

What are y'all using and how much are y'all paying? Looking for something to feed in trough feeders.

Rick3060

I feed record rack for about a year then midway for about another year. Deer would eat both but got expensive and labor intensive. But thats not the bad part.... i was growin world class coons. If i could find a feed that didnt break the bank, buy in bulk, and coons would not eat i would jump all over it. Good luck to you!

01Foreman400

Staff member
We've been feeding Apple Valley for 2 years now. We've only had one coon get feed out of a feeder one time since we started and it was when we were mixing corn with to get them started. We also don't use trough feeders.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,315

wildlifepro

Banned
Curtis. Left you a pm on whats good and also lower quality. Most important thing if buying feed is ask for a current lab test and one from a year ago.Dont accept a homemade formulation sheet from company. Also review whats being put in for protein levels any types.(Flame roasted grains are your best source)And ask what the TDN levels are. Do not use anything with peanut skins and hulls or lots of rice mill in the mix.Look at using a quality total feed vs a supplemental type.Quality has really dropped off the past two years with alot of companies due to higher grain prices.Pm if you have any nutrition questions.

Last edited:
Curtis. Left you a pm on whats good and also lower quality. Most important thing if buying feed is ask for a current lab test and one from a year ago.Dont accept a homemade formulation sheet from company. Also review whats being put in for protein levels any types.(Flame roasted grains are your best source)And ask what the TDN levels are. Do not use anything with peanut skins and hulls or lots of rice mill in the mix.Look at using a quality total feed vs a supplemental type.Quality has really dropped off the past two years with alot of companies due to higher grain prices.Pm if you have any nutrition questions.

I see that you make a Deer Feed also. How much is a Bag of your Deer Feed at todays Grain markets?

wildlifepro

Banned
re feed price

I see that you make a Deer Feed also. How much is a Bag of your Deer Feed at todays Grain markets?

Currently it retails for $14.99 per bag. This is for a total feed not a lesser quality supplemental type.

jimboknows

wildlife pro...been reading your posts for a while now...where can I get your feed? I have been using deer/elk feed from TSC for about 2 years now with pretty good results (i think), at least the bears don't eat it all like they used to with corn, and it is certainly got to be better for them. I used trough feeders, semi racoon proofed with tackstrips for carpeting preventing them from climbing in. And this year just bought some 6.5 gallon metal timed feeders on clearance. Thanks, I have always appreciated your knowledge.

wildlifepro

Banned
Hey Jimbo. Thanks for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated and glad I can help out when I can.Quick note,I saw your avatar and those ribs look great. I have a competition bbq team and love to cook and grill and have to say those ribs look great good smoke ring and color.Good job. Anyway back to deer stuff... The Mass Nutrition line of products will be available in Ga and Alabama in about 3 weeks at several locations. I will pm you further info. Thanks Jimbo and good hearing from you.

wildlifepro

Banned
A company that has put chicken feather meal ( feathers and intestines that have been processed ) would not be a good first choice. There are several others out there still putting it in animal feeds. You dont put animal by products in feeds.

Curtis-UGA

Went with the Aplle Valley feed. Picked up a ton of it yesterday. Can't beat the price. The 12% winter maintenance formula was $10.50 a bag!

wildlifepro

Banned
Guys when your looking for feeds wheather its for deer or dogs,Take time and look for quality first over cheapest price.At $10 for a 50 lb bag your not going to get good quality.When you buy lesser quality or cheap stuff your only short changing your animals and yourself as it will cost you more by feeding a less than quality feed and end up using more of it and not getting the correct high levels of digestable nutrition and energy with a quality product..With a top quality and good nutrition level program you will get results faster and be able to feed less vs a cheap price feed where you will be spending more money and getting lesser results. Simple math. Ask the feed dealer about their nutrition background on what your trying to feed. Its crazy when you hear a sales guy preach we have the best product available ( re feeds)and when you come back with a lab test showing way different facts its hard for them ti tell you a honest answer. Bottom line is if you have a great product and are not changing formulation every few months to save money they should not have any problem with you testing their product. Those two words Lab Test will shake up alot of feed guys that change stuff alot.Going the cheap route today will cost you more over the season.Just do your homework and hope this helps out some.

Last edited:

Curtis-UGA

Guys when your looking for feeds wheather its for deer or dogs,Take time and look for quality first over cheapest price.At $10 for a 50 lb bag your not going to get good quality.When you buy lesser quality or cheap stuff your only short changing your animals and yourself as it will cost you more by feeding a less than quality feed and end up using more of it and not getting the correct high levels of digestable nutrition and energy with a quality product..With a top quality and good nutrition level program you will get results faster and be able to feed less vs a cheap price feed where you will be spending more money and getting lesser results. Simple math. Ask the feed dealer about their nutrition background on what your trying to feed. Its crazy when you hear a sales guy preach we have the best product available ( re feeds)and when you come back with a lab test showing way different facts its hard for them ti tell you a honest answer. Bottom line is if you have a great product and are not changing formulation every few months to save money they should not have any problem with you testing their product. Those two words Lab Test will shake up alot of feed guys that change stuff alot.Going the cheap route today will cost you more over the season.Just do your homework and hope this helps out some.

We shall see!:yeah:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 813