Possible new bow

Munkywrench

Thinking of getting a new bow, not new to me but NEW. Stan and Jerry had me thinking real hard on a widow, but it felt like a widow bite everytime I looked at the sticker price. I know they are awesome bows but I can't fly that one. I'm currently thinking about a big Jim thunderchild, big plus here is I can actually go talk face to face with Jim and figure out exactly what I want seeing as I have no clue the difference between grip sizes and low or mid wrist. They too run a bit high but I know they are quality, fast and good looking to boot.
I like my old york, but I'm tired of aiming at the tree tops to hit a 20 yard target and being able to set the bow down to get a good view before it hits. I still like the old bows but I'm a bit gun shy after my last bow exploded on me, that was bad enough, if I had payed going price for it I woulda cried... harder.
I'm open to suggestions on other bows as this will be the first bow I have bought at all, but I have liked the Thunderchild for a while now.

Any thoughts?

sawtooth

Lots of great bows out there, but you won't go wrong with the TC. That's the kind of bow you can hang on to and pass it down.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I really like the looks of the TC. Why not head down to the pre-spring fling and try out a bunch of bows? Big Jim will be there too.

Troy Butler

Lots of good bows out there, the widows are nice but little to much for my wallet. Never shot a TC but they look good and people seem to like them. Just shoot as many bows as you can till you fine one that fits you.

Al33

Test drive the ones you think you want and take your time. If you still have a hankering for a particular bow such as the TC then go for it. Buying from someone you can count on if something were to go wrong is a BIG plus. Like all others have noted, you have plenty of great bows to try if you want to.

Munkywrench

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna check out other bows too. I'm not dead set on anything yet.
John, Big Jims is about 10 minutes from my family in Albany so if I do decide on a TC I'll go for a visit so I have a better understanding of everything when I order it.

Jake Allen

Do you want a short, (TC's are 56"), or a long, Longbow?
What kind of poundage?

Munkywrench

Jeff, I've never owned a longbow only recurves. Not particular which I get, but the shortness of the TC is apealing as well is the 2 piece design. I want to be able to break the bow down but I'm really not a fan of 3 piece designs.

SELFBOW

I recently ordered my Big Jim bow. Gave him free range on it, hope its over the top. Its gonna be The Desert Bighorn 3 PC recurve. I shot his and really liked it...

Munkywrench

Yeah, don't like his 3 pieces either. I'm gonna check out some of the other bows at the shoot see what I see.