2nd Annual Tradbow Pheasant Shoot

jerry russell

We are starting to get together the plan for the pheasant shoot. Last year was off the charts fun. We will have to limit the total number of shooters to about 20 for safety reasons but certainly more will be welcome. All the bird shooting will be with tradbows but we will also have shotgun trap shooting, archery games and a cookout. Like last year we want to see a lot of kids out there. Because we have to buy birds and give the landowner a little something, it will have some cost for adults. Kids are free with a paying adult. If all goes as planned, we will be having it at High Point Quail in Locust Grove which is about 30 minutes South of the Atlanta Airport on I-75.

I attended a lot of fun hunts and shoots last year but this was my favorite. For those with interest, shoot me a PM.
I will be trying as much as possible to work around the various shoots and the other hunts already planned. February is the target month.
We hope to see you there.

Al33

Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I will be there. I had a blast last year.

jerry russell

To all those that have sent PM"s... Stand by. I will get back to you as soon as I get more info.

dutchman

February

February is already a busy month for trad archery folks. But then again, so is just about every other month you can name...and that's a good thing. Life is all about making choices and we have more as trad archers that we've ever had.

The following list is copied and pasted simply for information purposes and is not an editorial, nor does it call for editorial comments. ;)

Sunday, 2/1
North Georgia Traditional Archery Club
Gainesville, GA
Shoot host – Jeff Hampton and Tomi Varnell

Saturday, 2/14
South Georgia Traditional Archery and Primitive Skills Club
154 Poole Road
Ellaville, GA 31806

Sunday, 2/15
Traditional Archery in Laurens County
Dexter, GA

Sunday, 2/15
YOF and Sore Losers Club
Crossville, TN

Saturday, 2/21
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
Central Zone Shoot
Culloden, GA
www.tradbowgeorgia.com

Friday-Sunday, 2/27, 28, and 3/1
2015 Pre-Spring Arrow Fling
Tannehill Historical State Park
McCalla, AL

AllAmerican

The pheasant shoot sounds cool. I'm not too far from there. I would like to go. How much$ for birds and the event? Is there a concrete day?

jerry russell

We will be discussing the pheasant shoot this weekend and if we can pull it off. I will post details the first of next week. Again, if you have an interest make sure you shoot me a PM.

jerry russell

If you have sent a PM to me in regard to this shoot, you should have a response waiting in your in-box. Please respond asap. For safety reasons we have to limit the number of shooters.

For those that are coming... Please bring flu flu arrows for this event. It makes for much safer shooting and cuts arrow recovery time by 95%. Trust me on this. NO broadheads allowed and every person (even non shooters) MUST have an orange vest.

Paul from P&A archery makes some great flu flu arrows and he will be at the event. He is PR longbow on here.

Last edited: