Barracuda Bow Strings or Winner's Choice?

JasonF

I'm getting my bow re-stung soon. Which do you prefer?

Just 1 More

ANY THING BUT BARRACUDA :smash:

You can go on Archery Talk and get H&M, Vapor Trail, Buck Nasty, and a buch more.. but for my money,, Tom Nealy strings ( 541) 591-1043.. he's the man that started Winners Choice years ago and now is making his own again

The Arrow Guru

Winner's Choice............

In my opinion, and I have seen a lot of different strings, Winner's Choice are second to none.

KILL EM ALL

I will tell you get some Vapor Trails cheaper than both and are better strings:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Just 1 More

My own, but between the 2 choices given Winners Choice all the way.

Are you building for people now?? If so, I appologize for mentioning any other and would definitly steer someone in your direction.

Also.. Have you been hearing anything about Nealy's strings?? Whats your opinion? So far.. I am very impressed with them

short stop

Ill ''3rd'' those of Reylambs I have 2 sets for my 06 Bowtech Tribute and never had a problem at all with them . Killed 11 deer and won a few Novice trophys in 3 d with them in the past 2 yrs .
The only reason I needed 2 sets of strings is because I like to show off them diff colors :bounce:.
got a yellow / Orange
Neon yellow / Neon Green

JasonF

I didn't realize Baracudda strings were hated apon so much. Good thing I asked...I've never gotten a bow re-strung before until now.
Frank, is that guy out of Florida?
As far as the best string for the money, I'm willing to dish out a couple more dollars for good string. I'm more concerned about quality...

reylamb

Are you building for people now?? If so, I appologize for mentioning any other and would definitly steer someone in your direction.

Also.. Have you been hearing anything about Nealy's strings?? Whats your opinion? So far.. I am very impressed with them
I don't advertise for a few reasons, especially on the free messageboards (kinda makes me feel slimey taking advantage of free messageboards for personal financial gain). I do build custom strings for Shulers up here in Gainesville, and anyone that contacts me personally to build them, but I just don't go around pimping my own. Plus, I don't have the time to dedicate to being a full-time string builder because of my real job........

As for the Nealy's they are great strings. Between you and me, and anyone reading this thread I suppose:rolleyes:, the quality of Winners Choice has gone down since Tom left. Yes I know, that will draw heat and fire from many, but the reality is they (WC) have changed something in their process. Nealy's are as good as anything on the market.

JasonF

Is there a website for Nealy's?

DaddyPaul

I have shot WC strings in the past with no problems at all. I am currently shooting my stock Cuda's on the Drenalin and found that after about 200 shots they settled right down and haven't budged a lick? I think they have gotten better than the older ones?

I have a set of strings from H&M for it that I will put on whenever I wear out these Cudas.

Just 1 More

Is there a website for Nealy's?

Last I talked to Tom, they were working on getting a web site up and running, but looks like nothing yet.. probably to busy building strings... Just call him and he will work with you for what you need.

Just 1 More

I don't advertise for a few reasons, especially on the free messageboards (kinda makes me feel slimey taking advantage of free messageboards for personal financial gain). I do build custom strings for Shulers up here in Gainesville, and anyone that contacts me personally to build them, but I just don't go around pimping my own. Plus, I don't have the time to dedicate to being a full-time string builder because of my real job........

As for the Nealy's they are great strings. Between you and me, and anyone reading this thread I suppose:rolleyes:, the quality of Winners Choice has gone down since Tom left. Yes I know, that will draw heat and fire from many, but the reality is they (WC) have changed something in their process. Nealy's are as good as anything on the market.

Well.. We can be your pimp ::gone:

reylamb

Well.. We can be your pimp ::gone:

I have never stopped anyone from pushing business my way.........there are probably 30 or 40 guys on this board shooting my strings now.........it is really more of a hobby for me to help offset the cost of travelling to ASA shoots, etc.

SETH

I have never tried a reylamb string, BUT I think Winners Choice makes great string.
Good luck to reylamb on his, it sounds like he makes a great product. Word of mouth goes along way !!

GaBear

I'll put another Feather in Jeffs Cap for Him. He makes a awsume string.

Jeff have you heard anything about the new G-5 Strings other than they maybe the most expensive strings being made.