OK,...who is thinking 'new bow'??

Alan in GA

For me:
a PSE Axe 6 camo 70 lb soon.
Decided I needed a 'latest and greatest'. ---[the word 'needed' is being used in the realm of men's sports-not the same meaning as the rest of the world understands....:D]
I was fine with what I have until I shot the new PSE Vendetta XS and Axe 6.
It draws in a way that made me order a 70 lb version....and that's saying SOMETHING for someone that has used only 60 lb bows for a couple years~!

ROAM

picked a new one up yesterday! Kinda a big deal with me since its my second bow and I have been shooting my first for the last six years.

Hunter Haven

2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 Bone Collector I do believe...

Duckhawk

Banned
Haven't decided yet!

Either an Alphamax 35 or the destroyer

BowanaLee

Only if PSE sends me another free one. I'll snatch it up in a heard beat too ! :bounce:

Realtree Ga

Got the new Barnett Predator Crossbow for Christmas. First new bow in 19 years :hair:. I had back surgery at age 15 and then again at 32. I got my PSE crossfire crossbow at age 16 and have used it ever since. I'm fired up about this predator shooting 375 fps. Technology has came a long way in 19 years.

jharrell

I really love my Captain, but the Destroyer 340 is calling my name. Gotta save the funds.

birddog721

thinking on getting one more year out of the switchback xt, but haven't shot any of the new bows, have been looking at the pse's on the internet just kinda scared if I shoot one that would be all she wrote

WSB

I'm going to buy one of the new Bear bows, either the Charge or the Strike. I'm not going to put as much money in a new bow this time as I did the last time I bought a bow.

450yardbuck

I had a Bowtech Captain and got the new Destroyer 340 Dec 24. After installing string leaches it has to be the best bow I have ever shot. Very happy!

Hunter Haven

Haven, have you shot the Maxxis 35?

I shot it the other day and it is awesome! I have been thinking about that bow a lot since then! A LOT!!!!!!!

No, haven't shot the 35, but I am almost certain I will stick with the 31. I love the shorter axle to axle bows:flag:

I will have one ordered soon:clap::clap::clap:

G Duck

Not me....took the plunge last year on an Alphamax and I ain't lookin back. Love that thing!!!

Same here, I told myself I would not get the itch for a new model. It is getting more tempting each year with the new models coming out. I am happy as well with my
Alphamax:clap:

XJfire75

Lay away!!

If I can find a shop nearby that has the Axes and a Vendetta then I'll know yay or nay on a new bow but I did order new strings for my Cardiac today...lol.

duckbill

Happy New Year to me :D . I brought home a Mathews Reezen 7.0 last night. My '03 Mathews LX will have to enjoy semi-retirement now.

stev

Banned
the Judge is what im after .Elite bows for me .

Last edited:

DonArkie

my wife would kill me if I purchased another bow for myself. I picked up a new one 2009. If I was going to purchase a 2010 model, it would be the "PSE X-Force Axe 7"

Alan in GA

Axe vs. Vendetta

Lay away!!

If I can find a shop nearby that has the Axes and a Vendetta then I'll know yay or nay on a new bow but I did order new strings for my Cardiac today...lol.

Here is a bit of my take 'so far' on these two bows.
First of all I enjoy getting a lot for my money. The Vendetta XS is around a hundred bucks or so less than the Axe if I remember right. It IS so handy and fast. The Axe seemed to be ju u u u st a 'tad' bit smoother at the shot-minimal vibration if any. IF the Vendetta had any vibration it was minimal. The bows I shot had nothing on it - no stabilizers or sights or anything other than a rest and D loop.
Being used to my Super Short X Force [which I love to hunt with] and my 'Short' [description added by me] Firestorm X bows, the Vendetta XS at 29" ata felt like the sleek, highly maneuverable bows I already own. However I've come to realize that a 32/33" ata bow is NOT clumbsy and still "short" in most archer's opinions.
I'm a 27" draw so the 6" brace hieght of the Axe will give me some extra speed as well as the cams. Both the new PSE bows are now "sliding module" adjustable for DL so no more cam module purchases or trades for the owner of either bow...a GOOD thing. My older PSE bows are interchangable module types.
The Axe 6 is the easiest drawing bow I can remember ever drawing. Now THAT is coming from someone [me] that truely enjoyed owning and hunting with a 2005 Switchback, one of the best bows ever made [again in my opinion]. But this new PSE AXE is something you might have to shoot for yourself to believe. I have come to the point where I argue for 60 lb deer hunting bows for several reasons....that is UNTIL I shot the PSE AXE! I do NOT know how a bow can draw this 'easily' and still be a high poundage [70 is high for me] bow! So do not take my opinion, DO go shoot it yourself and see what you think. I ordered my Axe 6 in 70 lbs! I can always set it down to 60 or so but the one I shot was 71 lbs and it was very 'shootable' without shoulder strain. I can imagine how a 60 lb version might feel!
OK, I've bragged on these two bows a lot but that's how enthused I am about them.
I was tempted to order the Vendetta XS because I think it is one very fast bow for the money. One would be very well equipped by owning and shooting one. My mistake was picking up the Axe......it's just a tad faster although longer ata.

Surely you can find a PSE shop near Dalton. I'll ask the PSE rep what's close to you. I know W D in Cartersville has PSE if you ever get down that far. Gables in Douglasville has a large selection of PSE in store as well but it's another 30 miles or so south of Cartersville.
Let me know if you get to shoot these bows.

Alan in GA

Axe 7

my wife would kill me if I purchased another bow for myself. I picked up a new one 2009. If I was going to purchase a 2010 model, it would be the "PSE X-Force Axe 7"

What draw length are you?
....and by the way....I'll be selling 'something' to help fund a new Axe 6 I'm sure. A friend is wanting a bow and he'll most likely buy one of mine...at about half price of new.