Official recommend a taxidermist thread

Belk

Good taxidermy like fine art

Good and great taxidermy is like fine art. It is in the eye of the beholder! Each taxidermist has their own style and look.
Look at the eyes, ears and nose to determine quality.
My favorites : Sam Smith and Chris Fortner.
Both live the life and do great work.

Chris has done my son's buck and one bull elk for me
Sam did my axis buck which is gorgeous!

Fortner Taxidermy
Covington, GA. 770-480-5241
http://fortnertaxidermy.com

Sam Smith
Athens,Ga
(706)202-0074
www.samsmithtaxidermy.blogspot.com

Attachments

• axis.jpg
    axis.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 4,858
  • Chase Bk.JPG
    Chase Bk.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 4,878
Last edited:

sfordjr

Steve Bishop in Covington.
By FAR the best I've seen in Georgia!

770-787-0840

Last edited:

BCondor77

Wilson Taxidermy
1308 Cannon Farm Rd Sw
Oxford, GA 30054
(770) 787-6046

Marty is a great guy and does fantastic work. I have had 3 bucks and a fox mounted by him...very pleased!

brownceluse

Not sure why my last post got deleted but let's try this again..... Chris Fortner at Fortner taxidermy in Covington hands down! Class act as well! 9184b old Atlanta hwy Covington ga 30014.770-480-5241.

bobby07

Edmondson's Taxidermy (Mcdonough, Locust Grove, Jackson)

This is an up and coming taxidermy stud. Jeff is really talented at what he does. His attention to detail is unmatched. Not only is he a profectionist but the turn over time is the best you'll find. I knew he was different when he told me "If it doesn't look like he's looking at you, then I haven't done my job." Give this guy a call and I promise you won't be disapointed. Shoulder Mount $325, Euro $100Camo dipped $175. Jeff Edmondson 404-368-2545

Attachments

• tax deer 1.jpg
    tax deer 1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3,897
  • tax deer 6.jpg
    tax deer 6.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3,771
  • tax deer 2.jpg
    tax deer 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3,746
  • tax deer 5.jpg
    tax deer 5.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 3,769
  • tax deer 3.jpg
    tax deer 3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3,746
  • deer 1.jpg
    deer 1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 3,673
  • deer 2.jpg
    deer 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 3,691
Last edited:

Budda

If it ain't to late, Chris Fortner does a great job!!

35 Whelen Jr

Hugh Bryant at Antler Creations in Lavonia did a great job. I hope I'll have some more bucks in the future to send his way.
(706) 356-2254
picture.php

CowetaLonghorn

I wanna second Jeff Edmondson of Edmondsons Taxidermy in Ola. He has a small shop but does impressive work. I saw some of his mounts this week after I dropped off a turkey and I will be taking my next deer to him. He's about to get ready for the world championships and I saw one of his whitetail mounts and all I can say is whoa!

DeoVindice

Jordan's Taxidermy in Winston, Ga.
7627 Highway 78
Winston, Ga. 30187
678-715-6363

Wayman Jordan does a fine job. Been in business for many years and is well known around the Douglas/Cobb Co. area. They take their time but not too long. Usually they will have your mount back to you in 6 months or less. They have a full blown studio and always plenty of mounts to see. I suppose deer heads are their specialty but they do a great job on fish, birds, coyotes, etc. I have never seen a bad mount by this guy. He has mounted two deer for me and several for my family and friends. $350 shoulder mount is their standard rate, I do believe. Well worth it. If I can figure out how to insert pics...Maybe this will work.

8 point semi sneak
Picture272_zps41471a64.jpg

10 point full sneak
Picture273_zps1ecda3df.jpg

Inthegarge

NW GA..............Rob Walthour, Savage River Taxidermy, Chickamauga, GA 30707 (706)539-1258
Rob's Taxidermy.jpg

DeoVindice

Steve Johnson in Phenix City, Alabama "Realistic mounts for realistic prices"
334-614-3058, or 334-448-0977

Steve does a pretty good job as well. He picks up at various deer processors and I let him mount an 8 point for me this year. He charges $275 for a shoulder mount and I know, I know...Sounds like a cheap job but he does a good job for the money. He has mounted some deer for a couple of my friends so I had a pretty good idea what to expect. You can still find a good deal sometimes. Steve takes his time and doesn't take on more than he can handle. Very nice guy as well. Here's the deer he mounted for me. Not bad for $275...At least I like it. (I have since knocked the cobwebs from the ceiling)

Picture278_zpsd02bb5b6.jpg

Picture279_zps3ed964d5.jpg

Rick Carter

Last week I attended the World Taxidermy Championships held in Springfield, Il. It was a true world event and was represented by taxidermists from the Continental United States as well as Alaska and Hawaii. There were also taxidermists competing from 20 foreign countries including Great Britain, China, Russia, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and many others. Two taxidermists from Georgia won some of the top honors. Stevie Young of Valdosta, Georgia won First place in the masters division and was awarded the "Best in World" title and Gold medal for a strutting Eastern wild turkey. "Frog" Mullis of Hawkinsville, Georgia won a first place in the masters division and was ranked "Second best in World" and a silver medal in the gamehead division for a boar mount. Their clients should be very proud to have world renowned taxidermists right here in their home state. Congratulations Stevie & Frog!

bowkill7

Last week I attended the World Taxidermy Championships held in Springfield, Il. It was a true world event and was represented by taxidermists from the Continental United States as well as Alaska and Hawaii. There were also taxidermists competing from 20 foreign countries including Great Britain, China, Russia, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and many others. Two taxidermists from Georgia won some of the top honors. Stevie Young of Valdosta, Georgia won First place in the masters division and was awarded the "Best in World" title and Gold medal for a strutting Eastern wild turkey. "Frog" Mullis of Hawkinsville, Georgia won a first place in the masters division and was ranked "Second best in World" and a silver medal in the gamehead division for a boar mount. Their clients should be very proud to have world renowned taxidermists right here in their home state. Congratulations Stevie & Frog!
I totally agree Rick, us old schoolers have seen alot of this young talent develop over the years after we have been there and done that. Congrats to the fine talented wildlife artists in this State, yourself included.