I think I'm hooked......

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
cool bear congrads

longbranch gamegetr

Thanks, I hunt family land in south Lumpkin Co. Have been getting a few bears on trail cams the last couple of years but nothing consistent . While scouting for deer sign I found the white oaks to be spotty at best this year but was lucky enough to have found two large oaks that are loaded and dropping . Had a cam put up over it and was getting a lot of deer activity until last Wednesday . Started getting pics of the bear and she had been coming several times each day . Didn't get to hunt over the weekend so Monday after work I slipped in around 4 pm and got settled in . Around 6 pm I seen movement coming down the ridge and she came straight in and started feeding . She gave me a broad side shot at 17 yards . The 100 grain Slick Trick went to work and she only made it about 150 yards before expiring .

kno3mike

Congrats........Great story and bear....what was the approximate weight?

Marlin_444

Nice Bear!

GA DAWG

Nice job! Go kill another one. Sounds like a great spot to do it.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good Job! Congrats!:clap:

rdhood

Hey longbranch, on my way home from work yesterday I had to slow down to avoid hitting a bear crossing 400 just before Nightfire road... about a mile south of the Dawson/Lumpkin line. This bear crossed at about 7:10pm.

DMGun

Very nice. I have never seen one in the woods, but the hunting club I am in this year has bear tracks all over the place.