hunters second lifetime bear.

Dana Young

Hunter killed this one on Coopers Creek WMA parent child hunt Sat Morn.

We got in the woods about 6:30 am we had to change spots because there were other kids going the way we wanted to go. so we found this area that had some deer hog and bear sign. we sat ther till about 8:45 and heard a bear bawl so I bawled back and then another one balled below us so I told Hunter to get ready and he did but by 9:15 he began to get discouraged and wanted to leave,But I told him no we would not leave before 11:00 am so he took out his phone and started playing a game. I told him he better pay attention but like most kids when they get bored he didn't listen. About 9:45 I saw what I first thought was a hog coming fast around the ridge, but it turned out to be a bear. I said Hunter bear, bear, bear and it's big enough to shoot , He saw it and it was headed somewhere because it was in a fast walk so I told him to shoot it when it hit an opening abot 40 yds ahead of us, heshot and the bear hit the ground and came right back up running nearly across the next ridge abou 30 yds and I saw the bear fall and heard him crash.
I told hunter that I think he missed him and he said no way, I smoked that bear, I said I hope not because it was to small, then he got defensive and said you told me to shoot and I said no I said its to small don't shoot. He knew I was giving him a hard time. He shot this bear with a tc 308 single shot and his first bear he killed when he was 4 he shot it with a .223 single shot new england arms.
sorry for the ramble but here is the pic

Attachments

• IMG_20131007_075913.jpg
    IMG_20131007_075913.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 994

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Congrats Hunter and great job of putting him on the bear Dana!:yeah::yeah:

Didn't Hunter also win something with the raffle?

Great weekend to be hunting in the mountains with the kids. We had some deer blow at us Saturday morning at Coopers so at least we knew some were in the area.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Good going Hunter.

Dana can whisper in those bears.

Dana Young

I don't know we had to leave to take care of the bear but we left his ticket with someone else

Dana Young

I don't know we had to leave to take care of the bear but we left his ticket with someone else
He won a trophy for the first bear killed by a child on the hunt.

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member

He won a trophy for the first bear killed by a child on the hunt.

Good for him! I knew they called his name up, but I couldn't hear what for.

Marlin_444

Outstanding !!

Latest posts