No Excuses sample pack

TJay

No Excuses muzzleloader bullets now offers a sample pack. 12 420 grainers, 12 460 grainers, 12 495 grainers and 12 of the 600 grainers. If you're planning and elk or moose hunt these bullets are bad medicine. Pretty good on hogs too.

snuffy

Their 54 calibers are AWSOME. Great people to deal with also. They send you a bill with the order.

buttplate

How about a link?

leoparddog

I have a .50 Hawkens caplock and their light .50 cal bullet is 420 grains?!?! Ouch and just no thank you. I've shot 385gr Great Plains Bullets in the past and with 80 - 100gr of powder when I was younger and the recoil would leave me bruised after just a couple of shots.

420gr or more? I think I'll pass.

snuffy

I shoot the 535 grain 54 caliber with 90 sometime 100 grains Goex 2F and it doesn't feel that bad to me.
I would like to see what one looks like after hitting a deer, but have never had one not to go thru. And I like two holes, more stuff falls out.

TJay

A few years ago I was getting ready for a ML elk hunt. Took the scope off the ML and was sighting in using the 460 grainers over 92 grains of powder. It took 8 shots and I was a little sore the next morning. One shot at game with a little added adrenaline and you'll never feel it.