Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA1dad

That's a good hearty breakfast there. I'm just nursing a coffee cup this morning.

Dub

Couple eggs to start this weekend.

I like to hit mine with a bit of hawt sauce, too. Those look great !

To start the day today we had duck egg omelets with chunks of leftover fried chicken, bacon, onion, smoky red bell pepper sauce and cheddar. It was edible fer sure.

Hearty and delicious looking.

I'm gonna have to roll with chicken on mine sometime. Lord knows there is usually some leftover in the fridge, as often as I cook yardbird. Love the stuff.

My Sunday morning contribution

That's what I'm talking about !!!!!

Great looking meal. :cheers:

That's a good hearty breakfast there. I'm just nursing a coffee cup this morning.

I hear ya.....I ran outa coffee for my rushed workday breakfuss this morning.

Stopped on the way home this evening and remedied that major shortcoming. Will be firing up the grinder proper like at o'dark o'clock tomorrow morning. :banana:

EDIT: Next morning is here.....Eight O'Clock Columbian Peaks beans were ground and a decent pot of java had.

Made some bare bones basic omelettes with onions, peppers & cheddar.

Looks like I need to scout out a larger skillet, lol.

Wife's:

Loaded down mine:

Last edited:

Dub

Breakfast this morning.....local made hot country sausage. Kicked it up a notch right near the end of the cooking...

Ready to take on this great Saturday off work !!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good grief, all that looks good!

Fired up the Blackstone a while ago and made some brunch. Omelets with bacon, sausage, red peppers, onions, sharp cheddar, and Monterey Jack, hashbrowns, and griddled toast. Put some of Breampole's delicious datil pepper sauce on there to kick it up a little, too, That's good stuff!

Attachments

• brunch.jpg
    brunch.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Dub

Dub

Good grief, all that looks good!

Fired up the Blackstone a while ago and made some brunch. Omelets with bacon, sausage, red peppers, onions, sharp cheddar, and Monterey Jack, hashbrowns, and griddled toast. Put some of Breampole's delicious datil pepper sauce on there to kick it up a little, too, That's good stuff!

Heck yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delicious on all accounts. That hawt sauce is killer on breakfuss eats 'round here, too.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Simple ... Scrambled eggs, bacon and taters, onions and mushrooms

Attachments

• 2018-04-22_10.49.30.jpg
    2018-04-22_10.49.30.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 62

GA1dad

Goodness,,,, that's a fine looking plate right there.

Dub

Simple ... Scrambled eggs, bacon and taters, onions and mushrooms

:banana:

Goodness,,,, that's a fine looking plate right there.

Sure is....he nailed down some proper morning eats! :fine:

Made a Moonpie Mater Pie this morning for my sweet bride's brunch.

I'd phoned her and told her it had done with it's initial cooking and was sitting in the oven with the door cracked open and heat off.

My intention was for it it brown a bit more.

She jumped amongst it right away. No further browning occurred. :banginghe

Got to thinking about it later on.....it'll allow more latitude with reheating for breafusses later this workweek. Gal may have made a genius move :huh: :fine:]

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Goodness!

Dub

Nothing very creative for breakfast this morning.....transitioned from night version to day version.....then went on a coffee & breakfast run.

Kicked it up a notch with some mild hot sauce that should cut through this cold and reach my taste buds.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Nothing very creative for breakfast this morning.....transitioned from night version to day version.....then went on a coffee & breakfast run.

Kicked it up a notch with some mild hot sauce that should cut through this cold and reach my taste buds.

Feel better soon brother

Dub

Feel better soon brother

Thanks, JL. :cheers:

A couple of us at work had this crud jump on us early last week. Unreal amounts of chest congestion & coughing. Ribs even sore....the Mucinex stuff during the day and then the Theraflu stuff at night & early wee hours has been working out well. :fine:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I went out turkey hunting awhile this morning (unsuccessfully.) When I came back in, my wife hooked me up with some bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast with homemade muscadine jelly.

Attachments

• breakfast6.jpg
    breakfast6.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 237

Hillbilly stalker

Some fine looking meals on here. Had me worried tho...took 38 posts to see any grits. Aint seen a glass of buttermilk yet :huh:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Some fine looking meals on here. Had me worried tho...took 38 posts to see any grits. Aint seen a glass of buttermilk yet :huh:

If I post biscuits, there's buttermilk in there. You won't see a glass of it, though. That stuff is great to cook with, but nasty to drink. :)

Hillbilly stalker

Shoot man, give me a glass of buttermilk, a keg of cornbread and a pepper shaker and I can bout make a meal off that. Its good stuff "make a puppy dog pull a freight train " :flag:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Shoot man, give me a glass of buttermilk, a keg of cornbread and a pepper shaker and I can bout make a meal off that. Its good stuff "make a puppy dog pull a freight train " :flag:

My dad was the same way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.