God's will vs. medicine.......

atlashunter

You mean you have to receive holy discernment.

I think he's saying I'm doing it wrong. I should be playing tennis without the net.

atlashunter

And all this time I believed those red faced preachers pounding the pulpit and proclaiming the bible says what it means and means what it says. What a jip. :rolleyes:

Israel

BANNED
That's because you are reading the scripture for exactly what it says.
Step 2 is to twist it around so it means what you want it to mean.

I think you will find...even in the scripture that the twisting of it has had its practice, but likewise it is spoken by One...as unbreakable.

You ever see what happens when something unbreakable is torqued to its very limit (allowance for twisting)? What do you think happens to that man playing with it?

Or, do you think man is absolutely forbidden to see the unbreakable? To know the unbreakable?

If one does believe that, it is better for him to cease playing about with that word truth. Showing himself a liar.

Everything that can be shaken will be shaken until only what is unshakable remains.

Do you believe a man can be so shaken...he could believe that? Knowing full well he must yet include himself in that mix?

In or out, out or in, to each man.

But the shaking is inescapable. To what can be shaken.

"Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand?
Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace."

I cheer for your peace. Indeed, I root for it. I dig knowing, in finding yours, I find mine.
Peace to you, brother. And grace.

Last edited:

ambush80

I think you will find...even in the scripture that the twisting of it has had its practice, but likewise it is spoken by One...as unbreakable.

You ever see what happens when something unbreakable is torqued to its very limit (allowance for twisting)? What do you think happens to that man playing with it?

Or, do you think man is absolutely forbidden to see the unbreakable? To know the unbreakable?

If one does believe that, it is better for him to cease playing about with that word truth. Showing himself a liar.

Everything that can be shaken will be shaken until only what is unshakable remains.

Do you believe a man can be so shaken...he could believe that? Knowing full well he must yet include himself in that mix?

But the shaking is inescapable. To what can be shaken.

"Or what king, when he sets out to meet another king in battle, will not first sit down and consider whether he is strong enough with ten thousand men to encounter the one coming against him with twenty thousand?
Or else, while the other is still far away, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace."

I cheer for your peace. Indeed, I root for it. I dig knowing, in finding yours, I find mine.
Peace to you, brother. And grace.

Is this really the best way to express what you're trying to say? Because if you're trying to have me understand you then you'll need to use less metaphor and speak more plainly because I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

It reads poetic and enigmatic, so in that sense you've succeeded.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Is this really the best way to express what you're trying to say? Because if you're trying to have me understand you then you'll need to use less metaphor and speak more plainly because I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

It reads poetic and enigmatic, so in that sense you've succeeded.

Lucky you caught one rhat was posted later in the morning. The earlier the posts in the morning the more they seem like a incoherent meltdown.

Israel

BANNED

He speaks about these things in all his letters. There are some matters that are hard to understand. The untaught and unstable will twist them to their own destruction, as they also do with the rest of the Scriptures.

Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’ ? If he called them gods to whom the word of God came — and the Scripture cannot be broken — then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world?

to their own destruction, as they also do with the rest of the Scriptures.

for we are not able to do anything against the truth, but for the truth;

and there is not a created thing not manifest before Him, but all things are naked and open to His eyes -- with whom is our reckoning.

If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work.

But everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the torrents raged, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell — and great was its collapse!”

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins...

Yes...all hinges upon the resurrection.
Apart from it Christ's words mean nothing.
In it they are all...that is.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Last edited:

ambush80

He speaks about these things in all his letters. There are some matters that are hard to understand. The untaught and unstable will twist them to their own destruction, as they also do with the rest of the Scriptures.

Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’ ? If he called them gods to whom the word of God came — and the Scripture cannot be broken — then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world?

for we are not able to do anything against the truth, but for the truth;

Ok. This part I can kind of understand (I think). Are you saying that the scriptures are unbreakable and if someone tried to break it something violent and dangerous will happen?

First, I don't believe that the scriptures are unbreakable (I don't really know what that even means). Secondly, I believe that they SHOULD be "broken apart" and examined.

and there is not a created thing not manifest before Him, but all things are naked and open to His eyes -- with whom is our reckoning.

If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work.

But everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the torrents raged, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell — and great was its collapse!”

For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins...

Yes...all hinges upon the resurrection.
Apart from it Christ's words mean nothing.
In it they are all...that is.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

This part I feel you went off the rails.

Israel

BANNED
Of all the implications to which the resurrection could lead, you focus on lasers out the eyes and pooping or vomiting cotton candy.

Yet, you seem to speak as one who, in considering the resurrection stands where so few already have, in some sort of knowing that this opens all realms of possibility.

But for you, and to you, it must yet remain in the realm of "real magic" of a kind, something accomplished to some end other than, or inclusive of another not plainly stated. The trueness of the resurrection, and all that pertains to its manifestation is the seal of God that Jesus Christ, His Son, is true in all things.

Herod sent for Jesus desiring to see some "trick" of His performed, some wonder, some great and magnificent breaking of the natural order that would entertain or astonish him. For him and to him in his assumption of state and status did he believe this could be, would rightfully be demanded.

Little did he know that in such circumstance the all of truth would remain silent to him; nor could he know...how very appropriate and perfect is that...to him. This man who thought of himself in such measure that truth must perform to him at his will and demand.

How could he know? His assumption of himself before truth was very wrong in the relationship to it, that it was to him a thing to be handled...rather than the other way round.

Jesus said He came for sinners, the sick, the unrighteous... for deliverance from the inevitable finality of that to which the knowledge of their unrighteousness led. But they held a key given them from God His Father Himself, that unrighteousness cannot stand in His presence.

Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

They will, come. Having that...the knowledge that their own righteousness, wisdom (such as it may appear), knowledge, intellect...and all their own doings, can never stand in the presence of God. Their plea is not "but I have always tried to do what is right and good"...but rather, I have never at all how such appears until you allowed sight of your Son.

Sinners have a definite affinity to Jesus Christ...in seeing all and all of which...is not them.

Unless God give that key...

ambush80

Of all the implications to which the resurrection could lead, you focus on lasers out the eyes and pooping or vomiting cotton candy.

Yet, you seem to speak as one who, in considering the resurrection stands where so few already have, in some sort of knowing that this opens all realms of possibility.

But for you, and to you, it must yet remain in the realm of "real magic" of a kind, something accomplished to some end other than, or inclusive of another not plainly stated. The trueness of the resurrection, and all that pertains to its manifestation is the seal of God that Jesus Christ, His Son, is true in all things.

Herod sent for Jesus desiring to see some "trick" of His performed, some wonder, some great and magnificent breaking of the natural order that would entertain or astonish him. For him and to him in his assumption of state and status did he believe this could be, would rightfully be demanded.

Little did he know that in such circumstance the all of truth would remain silent to him; nor could he know...how very appropriate and perfect is that...to him. This man who thought of himself in such measure that truth must perform to him at his will and demand.

How could he know? His assumption of himself before truth was very wrong in the relationship to it, that it was to him a thing to be handled...rather than the other way round.

Jesus said He came for sinners, the sick, the unrighteous... for deliverance from the inevitable finality of that to which the knowledge of their unrighteousness led. But they held a key given them from God His Father Himself, that unrighteousness cannot stand in His presence.

Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

They will, come. Having that...the knowledge that their own righteousness, wisdom (such as it may appear), knowledge, intellect...and all their own doings, can never stand in the presence of God. Their plea is not "but I have always tried to do what is right and good"...but rather, I have never at all how such appears until you allowed sight of your Son.

Sinners have a definite affinity to Jesus Christ...in seeing all and all of which...is not them.

Unless God give that key...

That's an elite club.

That's also the most honest answer I've heard.

But as to the resurrection and laser beams. The implication is that Jesus can do things that are beyond rational; supernatural, and God (Jesus) can do anything. That leads one to conclude the He can Poop cotton candy. That's the claim. Either and all of those propositions should give one pause. Either and all of those propositions should by any reasonable person require extraordinary proof. But I guess if one receives The Key then they won't care about being reasonable anymore.

EverGreen1231

If you're sick, go to the doctor. If you're well, go to the doctor to be sure. There's nothin' wrong with the doctor. Pray on the way to the Doctor's office, if you like.

Israel

BANNED
That's an elite club.

That's also the most honest answer I've heard.

But as to the resurrection and laser beams. The implication is that Jesus can do things that are beyond rational; supernatural, and God (Jesus) can do anything. That leads one to conclude the He can Poop cotton candy. That's the claim. Either and all of those propositions should give one pause. Either and all of those propositions should by any reasonable person require extraordinary proof. But I guess if one receives The Key then they won't care about being reasonable anymore.
I suppose if you want to call known sinners an elite club, you are free to. Nevertheless, that is who Jesus came for.

Yes...the sinner's being demands a proof, of necessity requires of Jesus a proof (what men would call) of the beyond that of word to the proving that His word is true. The trusting of His name, for the promises given in His name, and that of salvation, must, of necessity be made sure.

Therefore the sinner's only hope is found in a thing that can outstrip this knowledge, this only knowledge heretofore he was allowed, that he is outside the righteousness of God...condemned.

He discovers (by God's allowance to see) Jesus true to His name, and all His word. Salvation is of God, particularly in the manifestation of a name included: "I am the resurrection and the life".

All any man has to do is be honest about his own name, but this too, is the work of God.

Just as Jesus' name, word, and work cannot be separated, so is man likewise set free to be truthful. To declare his integrity.

When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

It's amazing how far God will bring a man (always amazing) when being made willing to the smallest point of agreement.

If a man's sincerest desire is to know if Jesus can poop cotton candy...who am I to disallow? I am just a man. But I am a man in need (of necessity) of something other than that. Pursue what you must, as I must.

Last edited: