Navarre pier report

wildlands

Pompano have been hot this week with many catching their limit in just a few hours. Several nice cobia caught with the biggest being 64 pounds. Not many spanish but the kings were hot Sunday after the storm and yesterday evening. Counted over 25 hook ups with a dozen or so making it over the rail including a 40 pounder.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the pompano have had a banner spring all along the Gulf Coast. I think the bite for all species has been up, across all the piers.

they have not caught many ling

but that is not out of the ordinary. I don't think I will ever see migrating ling like I did as a young man 40 years ago.

Kings have been slow until now, next week will be a week of mid 80's temp and the fishing will increase.

good luck to all

s&r

mlbowfin

but that is not out of the ordinary. I don't think I will ever see migrating ling like I did as a young man 40 years ago.

Kings have been slow until now, next week will be a week of mid 80's temp and the fishing will increase.

good luck to all

s&r

what is a Ling? looked it up and pics were of a species of Cod..

wildlands

2Okaloosa island pulled in 100 kings the other evening and had 50 or so another day. Shoulder to shoulder trying to pompano fish is tuff. The set rigs have taken over the pier and hard to get a jig in the water. Guys that were doing the best on the pompano were using sand fleas. Wind is supposed to rip tomorrow so will see how the king bite is, still just a few spanish.

Last edited:

wildlands

Sorry I did not finish out my report on our trip. Ended up catching my first keeper red, 26.5 inches on 6 lb test with 12 lb leader. Ended up catching one gator trout but boat traffic was real bad and had a hard time anchoring up anywhere out of the wake. We were in a small boat so just called it as it was not worth getting swamped by all the weekenders out there acting crazy. Going back in a month or so, hopefully the water will be warmer and the fishing will be better.

Attachments

• big red.jpg
    big red.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 333