great morning on the hill!

jay sullivent

we got on the water before daylight and had a little trouble baiting our hooks in the dark. we had our first pull down before a hint of daylight, and by 6:00 i caught our first 4 lb hybrid. by 6:30 my buddy hooked into our first big striper. an 11 pounder that spun us all around a tangled all our lines, two of which got into the trolling motor. while i was taking the prop off he hooked into a 7 lb hybrid which also pulled us all over creation. it took me 30 minutes to untangle everything and start to get bait back in the water. after that, i hooked into 3 fish right in a row and each one pulled free. we circled back over the same spot and my buddy hooked into another big striper about 10 pounds. as soon as he got it in the boat he hooked another 4 pound hybrid. we got tangled a few more times pretty bad and i spent most the morning untangling lines and netting fish! i think i took the prop off the trolling motor 5 times!!! my buddy takes almost all the fish and i get stuck with all the short strikes. oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes! it's teamwork anyway. we ended up with 5 fish totaling close to 36 pounds. the wind was calm, the water temp was 50-52 degrees. we fished in the bass alley area and kept tight to the banks. awesome morning!

Attachments

• sam big fish.JPG
    sam big fish.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 334
  • sam big hyb.JPG
    sam big hyb.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 183
  • sammy.JPG
    sammy.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 429
  • sam stripe.JPG
    sam stripe.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
H

HT2

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Jay.........

Ya'll done good!!!!!!!!!

Sounds and looks like ya'll had a blast!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Nice catch Jay!

Congrats!

I went back to Oconee this morning bright and early and man was it foggy before the sun come up to burn it off. I got skunked again so I guess I'll just have to try it again next weekend.

JosephP

Sounds like a Great morning Jay. Did you troll with p-boards or downline? I can't wait to get back out there.

jay sullivent

JosephP said:
Sounds like a Great morning Jay. Did you troll with p-boards or downline? I can't wait to get back out there.

this time of year it is all planer boards and freelines for me. i returned to my honeyhole this morning and only managed to get one little ol greenfish. i found three small catfish in it's belly. they were badly digested but a lot of the skin remained. that was the only way i could tell they were catfish. it was a beautiful day even if i didn't get any striper or hybrid. other than the one fish we didn't get a bite.

Attachments

• web bas2.JPG
    web bas2.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 314
Sounds like a blast! My dad was just takling about stripers, Hybirds. I have yet the hook one hopefully I will get lucky on our once a year tripe up there. We are closer now thought so maybe we can go a few more times than once a year up there. lol We use to live 30 min away for oconee but now we are nearly and hour away. But at least Clarks Hill, Russle and Hartwell is closer now.