Bravo's

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I realize being a Dawg fan makes one grumpy and skeptical, but some folks like baseball... ::ke:

You might want to do a little more research... Look at payroll when Ted owned them, when we made our 14 year run and look at the percentage of what we've spent on payroll since Ted sold the team compared to the MLB average..

I would LOVE to see them back into contention but reality set in years ago..

BornToHuntAndFish

Rough series with the Washington Nationals earlier this week . . .

C908l_CVwAAxJPH.jpg

HermanMerman

Don't expect any improvements within the division until they compete with the starting pitching of the Mets and Nationals.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it is time to send Swanson down for an assignment in the minors. He is struggling badly and needs to go clear his head.

biggdogg

I would say the biggest takeaway at this point is the pitching staff isn't built for a hitters park. Front office is going to need to rethink how they put a staff together and start developing/acquiring pitchers with sinking stuff. Balls are leaving the yard with alarming frequency and will only get more frequent as the temps climb in the summer. SunTrust Park is bringing a new meaning to "Windy Hill"...

Coenen

I would say the biggest takeaway at this point is the pitching staff isn't built for a hitters park. Front office is going to need to rethink how they put a staff together and start developing/acquiring pitchers with sinking stuff. Balls are leaving the yard with alarming frequency and will only get more frequent as the temps climb in the summer. SunTrust Park is bringing a new meaning to "Windy Hill"...
Most of the guys they're putting out there aren't long term solutions anyway. They're just buying time to see what all of these kids in the minors turn out to be. If they're well and truly out of it again this year, they'll be moving pieces for pitchers again before the deadline.

Maybe we can call up some of our pals in the NL West and convince them keep sending us every decent prospect they've got.

walukabuck

They better hope to high heaven some of these clowns actually work out. Haven't been impressed with talent evaluation or development within the organization for awhile now.

biggdogg

Most of the guys they're putting out there aren't long term solutions anyway. They're just buying time to see what all of these kids in the minors turn out to be. If they're well and truly out of it again this year, they'll be moving pieces for pitchers again before the deadline.

Maybe we can call up some of our pals in the NL West and convince them keep sending us every decent prospect they've got.

Some have long been considered long term talent and part of the future of the rotation. Wisler, Blair and even Teheran are all prone to giving up home runs and that problem will become more exaggerated in SunTrust. And Blair and Wisler are rated pretty high up in that future category...

Coenen

Some have long been considered long term talent and part of the future of the rotation. Wisler, Blair and even Teheran are all prone to giving up home runs and that problem will become more exaggerated in SunTrust. And Blair and Wisler are rated pretty high up in that future category...
Julio is the only one who's pitching every five days.

I'm not so sure about Blair and Wisler. I wouldn't be surprised to see them overtaken by some of the younger kids they've brought into the organization. I don't follow the Braves religiously, but I certainly heard some rumblings going into the spring that those two guys needed to either get right, or get out of the way.

westcobbdog

Colón is a joke, like batting practice every time he takes the mound

Agree and just our luck because he was mostly effective last year. But hey, stats show he really toughens up around the 5-6th inning. I am also encouraged by our studly #1 starter, Julio, regularly throwing those gopher balls. RA is imposing too and looks like he's the team BP Coach out there on the bump, too.

ericflowers

Our whole pitching rotation is laughing stock. Our bats can hit most nights, but trying to post 4+ runs every day is impossible for any team. Won't be long though, new guys will start getting some major league reps. Not gonna be much other point in the season soon, so might as well give the fans some hope for the future.

BornToHuntAndFish

Ouch! Rough 6-game losing streak for the Braves. At least they finally took the lead in a game after a 53-innings. Ex-Braves Gattis & McCann seem to be doing well with the Astros who are having a good start to their season.

Video Time = 1:24

Published on May 10, 2017

Daily Recap: George Springer and Carros Correa each had RBI doubles while Joe Musgrove struck out four over six in the Astros' 4-2 win

:eek:

BornToHuntAndFish

Maybe the Braves do better when they are playing a series for getting out of last place in the division as Atlanta ends their 6-game losing streak with a win over the Marlins.

Time = 1:20

Published on May 12, 2017

Daily Recap: Tyler Flowers raked in four RBIs on two hits, including a home run, and Mike Foltynewicz allowed only one run to earn the win

C_rKE5oVoAAEv44.jpg

:bounce: