Im back!

Flaustin1

Well im back at it this year. After a short hiatus, Ive gone back to traditional gear.

A little background. 4 years ago, I sold my compound to venture into the world of the traditional archer. Now ive always shot recurves, just not seriously or for hunting. Well after two seasons of missed opportunities and missed shots, I called it quits and got some new training wheels.

For two seasons, I hunted with a wheelie bow. Killed everything I shot at. Seriously. Last season I realized my heart wasn't into bowhunting with a compound.

I sold it. I still have my Damon Howatt Mamba and my Pearson Colt but I picked up a Browning Stalker Nowmad. Talkin bout sweet little (literally) bow. 45lbs @ 28".

I got her all tuned up and shooting great with full length Beman Centershot carbons with 75gr inserts and 125gr. Muzzy Phantoms. Total weight of 531 grains.

Yall wish me luck this year. Ive got my heart right and im praying it happens for me.

Pick a shot and shoot straight!

deast1988

I'm with ya, 100percent. Good luck to us. Sounds like a sweet set up too.

Clipper

Welcome back! I had three of those missed opportunities last year with two of them on nice bucks. I did connect on a yearling doe. You will get to watch a lot more game and see it a lot closer by waiting for the close shots you have to have with a trad bow. You may also end the season with an empty freezer if you hunt only with a trad bow, but that is OK too.

Al33

Reads to me like you have gotten past the number of kills game to just enjoying the hunts and challenges that only hunting with a trad bow can provide. I see that as a definite sign of hunting maturity. Of course, like anything else, the objective determines how we might proceed about something and with what tools we use to maximize success. For some it may be filling the freezer and they may use something more advantageous to them than a trad bow. I wish you the best of luck this season and know that once you get a few kills your confidence will be high but more importantly the kills will hold special memories and gratifications that are imeasurable.