Kinda proud or this one

Todd Cook

I made a bow for a friend of mine recently and wanted to show a couple of pictures. It has a couple of firsts for me: he wanted brown glass on the back and zebra veneer on the belly. This is the first time I've used brown glass, but I think I'll use it some more.

The core lams are walnut. Tip overlays are zebra and phenolic. Riser is zebra and black limba, with 2 strips of .030 glass sandwiched in there for strength.

I made a new form for this bow, using my R/D design and adding more reflex. I'm a Hill style guy, but this thing shoots good. 52# @ 28". I'm pretty sure, pound for pound, it's the fastest bow I've built. I had some more pics but couldn't get them to upload.

Attachments

• 440.jpg
    440.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 593
  • 436.jpg
    436.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 442.jpg
    442.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 599

deast1988

Purdy, a work of art to be proud of. Awesome job!

Clipper

That is a distinctive looking bow that the new owner should be proud to own. I bet it's a quiet shooter too. It looks like it would be light to carry in the woods as well. Good job.

oldfella1962

Beautiful - love that arrow shelf!

Rix56

Beautiful work

Great looking bow, elegant lines, a real classy looking bow! Great job! Is that one for Skunkhound? Looks like it would shoot as good as it looks.

Skunkhound

That turned out great Todd. The woods work well together, and it looks pretty quick Too.
That's not mine Rick, but I talked to Todd the other day, and it shouldn't be long now.

longbowdave1

Great looking bow Todd. The brown glass always looks good on the bows. :cool: