John's Mountain shooting range

CoachEmUp

Hello everybody,

I am looking for some information on the shooting range at John's Mountain. I am going to sight in my .270 and let my son shoot his .22. I'd also like to bring my 12 gauge to pattern for turkeys next spring. A couple of questions:

-Are there permanent target stands in place or do I need to bring my own stand?

-I think it costs money to get in...is this true? Is there limited space so that I would need to get there early Saturday with my son?

-Could I bring my 12 gauge and set up a portable stand at 40 yards to shoot turkey loads at?

Thanks for any advice or help you can give!

T_Fish

$5.00 PER CAR if theres one or 5 people its $5.00 to park,, i would take target holders

T_Fish

Hello everybody,

I am looking for some information on the shooting range at John's Mountain. I am going to sight in my .270 and let my son shoot his .22. I'd also like to bring my 12 gauge to pattern for turkeys next spring. A couple of questions:

-I think it costs money to get in...is this true? Is there limited space so that I would need to get there early Saturday with my son?

-Could I bring my 12 gauge and set up a portable stand at 40 yards to shoot turkey loads at?

dont forget eye and hearing protection,, enjoy

bluemarlin

I didn't bring a target stand the last time I was there and ended up finding a shot up 1 x 4 and sticking it in the ground for a target holder... lol
It's a popular place. Bring everything you'll need and have fun with your son.

MCBUCK

x3 on bringing your own target. Be sure to bring your own target stand too. You will find PVC pipes stuck on the ground at 25,50 and 100yds. This is where target holders/stand once were, before the white trash shot them up.
I have always net nice folks there, so have your greeting face on. Occasionally you will have some idiot that feels the need to go all Rambo with his AK, but for the most part this is a great place to go shoot.
Jacks River Range is a little noce IMO, but I understand the ease of getting to Johns Mtn for you Atl boys.
Have fun !

Fro1911nut

Hello everybody,

U are in Woodstock...Creeksidefiringrange.com
Its closer..Joe has target stands and u dont have to worry about beating the crowd...alot of room

Latest posts