Wood Duck Calls

Buckhustler

What would you suggest for a good, quality, reasonably priced duck call? Thanks

savage_15

Stay away from the dark clear looking one from primos dont know the name it just says primos wood duck. They have a wooden one that ive heard sounds decent.

HuntNTails

Stay away from the dark clear looking one from primos dont know the name it just says primos wood duck. They have a wooden one that ive heard sounds decent.

I have a wood one from Primos and had to play around with the o-ring setting to get it to sound decent.

I bought one in Perry a few years ago that a guy made out of cypress knees. Wish I could find his business card because that is one awesome sounding woodie call. If someone can remember who it was and how to get hold of him please let me know. I'd like to get another one.

HuntNTails

huntntails is the wooden one the primos classic?

It might be. It is one with all different colors in the wood. It's a two piece with a plastic insert that has an o-ring to adjust the pitch of the call.

HuntNTails

It is a classic.

I bought a clear haydel but never got it to sound right.

Attachments

• primos classic.jpg
    primos classic.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 653

gsp754

Banned
What would you suggest for a good, quality, reasonably priced duck call? Thanks

Save your money, i dont think wood duck calls make enough difference to bother with buying one. Woodies know where their going, a mojo will turn one quicker than a wood duck call.

Hairy Dawg

Lee Chadwick out of Cumming, GA makes the best wood duck call I've ever heard or blown. I've sat in the swamps and lakes and heard many people blowing on a wood duck call that sounds nothing like a wood duck. I have a few calls that I've never blown hunting because they sound like the ones I hear other people blowing.

I don't believe that he has it listed on his website, but he does make one, and it is very easy to make it sound just like a wood duck loafing on the water.

http://www.misfiregamecalls.com/Duck_Calls.html

HuntNTails

Save your money, i dont think wood duck calls make enough difference to bother with buying one. Woodies know where their going, a mojo will turn one quicker than a wood duck call.

Called a bunch in over the years that we could've hit with a baseball bat when the others were landing on the other side of the trees. They might think they know where they want to go, but I'll try to change their mind. I will continue to use mine. Just my 2 cents. I have seen them almost take the wings off my mojo too trying to land right by it.

Last edited:

pignjig10lb

Lee Chadwick out of Cumming, GA makes the best wood duck call I've ever heard or blown. I've sat in the swamps and lakes and heard many people blowing on a wood duck call that sounds nothing like a wood duck. I have a few calls that I've never blown hunting because they sound like the ones I hear other people blowing.

I don't believe that he has it listed on his website, but he does make one, and it is very easy to make it sound just like a wood duck loafing on the water.

I'm with yo on the Misfire wood duck calls, I have one and got my girls their own also. They are great calls and you can get some really neat wood calls from Lee.:cool::cool:

HuntNTails

dang... I think I'll throw mine in the trash now... looks like it doesn't work.

gsubo

My primos wood duck classic has led to the demise of quite a few wood ducks. I keep it on my lanyard.

fourshot

Back timber calls in Md. makes a good one they have a web site .Just get Trevors number off of it and give him a call . They are nice calls and sound good . Take care Clint

declemen

I have one made by Big River,it has Big River wood duck call on it.It is wood.I like it and I have only seen a few like it.I think it has helped me kill quite a few.

GADAWGS

I'm with yo on the Misfire wood duck calls, I have one and got my girls their own also. They are great calls and you can get some really neat wood calls from Lee.:cool::cool:

Thanks guys. I think I have three left before I need to make some more