Your go to everyday/ hunting pocket knife <$40

Bubba_1122

I typically carry 2 knives when I'm hunting.

On my right I'll typically have a Heckler and Koch automatic opening knife in my right pocket attached to my pocket with carry clip.

In my left pocket I'll have a Case Trapper.

Try to be consistent in that, so if I need them under duress they'll be where I expect them.

Did find my old 110 this year and carried it a few times. That might become my regular at some point in the future. The old Bucks were solid.

All are extremely sharp (which is what a knife should always be).

Cheap knives? Not for me. I want equipment that will do the job it was intended. Cheap stuff is typically poor quality. That means it's gonna fail when you least need it to.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I typically carry 2 knives when I'm hunting.

On my right I'll either carry a very old Buck 110 in a sheath on my hip or else I'll have a Heckler and Koch automatic opening knife in my right pocket attached to my pocket with carry clip.

In my left pocket I typically have a Case Trapper.

All are extremely sharp (which is what a knife should always be).

Yep, a dull knife is as useless as a philips head screwdriver in a woodland setting.

whitetailfreak

This Case has dressed a trout or two. Grandpa gave it to me 25 years ago or so.

Attachments

• _20170103_213630.jpg
    _20170103_213630.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 762

Georgia Hard Hunter

I like a bigger heavier knife so I'll know if its missing
I've had this knife close to 30 years and only knife I've kept more the 6 months my beloved Uncle Henry LB8

Bigbook

Best blades.

OK here goes
Case trapper. The high carbon versions
Old timer drop point again in high carbon.
Both of these have cleaned massive amounts of deer in my family
The trapper that I have was my grandpa's and I've watched him clean two hogs with only a moon stick touch up in-between. .
You can't go wrong with any of the high carbon blades but you must keep the oiled rust will set in if you ignore them

frankwright

I have a Kershaw Ken Onion Assist opening pocket knife that is always in my pocket. It has the half smooth/half serrated blade and it is a good one.
I have become so used to the blade flying open with either hand I couldn't go back to a manual one.

Gajbird

Banana Case

I love my Banana Case for most everything.... The inscription is a Blessing

Funny story (kinda) about mine is I was stabbed 3 times in a fight years ago and the guy used a banana case so my daughter said "Yours is literally and figuratively accurate" Now that's another opening to witness to folks who see my knife.

Attachments

• 2017-01-11 13_00_55-Case knives Case XX Knife Item # 8853 - Trapper - Knives of Faith.jpg
    2017-01-11 13_00_55-Case knives Case XX Knife Item # 8853 - Trapper - Knives of Faith.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

TurkeyH90

I love my Banana Case for most everything.... The inscription is a Blessing

Yes sir. I have this same knife minus the inscription. Everyday I carry it. Squirrels or deer. Wish it locked with a liner like Nics' Schrade but I'm carefully with it. Only bad thing about them is they fall out of khakis or BDU pants easily cause they have some weight. Case sells a belt holster for them that I use sometimes. Also have a Case Shark tooth that I wouldn't sell for anything. Solid stuff.

Gajbird

Yes sir. I have this same knife minus the inscription. Everyday I carry it. Squirrels or deer. Wish it locked with a liner like Nics' Schrade but I'm carefully with it. Only bad thing about them is they fall out of khakis or BDU pants easily cause they have some weight. Case sells a belt holster for them that I use sometimes. Also have a Case Shark tooth that I wouldn't sell for anything. Solid stuff.

Yeah I have to get mine out the recliner every now and then...

Funny story (kinda) about mine is I was stabbed 3 times in a fight years ago and the guy used a banana case so my daughter said "Yours is literally and figuratively accurate" Now that's another opening to witness to folks who see my knife.

Outdoor Edge Razor Lite...never have to sharpen. It combines the concept of a replaceable utility knife with a standard pocket knife/skinning knife. I love mine.