New federal law regarding farm raised whitetail

ProAngler

From now on if you shoot a buck that has a tag in its ear you have to leave the tag in when you mount it.

Y'all call your congress men and let's get this bill going!

Jeff Raines

Heck yeah,I'm all for more laws telling me what to do in my home

Gator89

I know a dude that killed a tagged whitetail in South Georgia back in the seventies. A yellow tag about the size of a quarter in, if I recall correctly, the left ear. The first time I saw the deer was in the 80's, so yep he left the tag in the ear.

Jim Boyd

Why would we even care?

I can tell you with certainty that I have more pressing matters to worry about - such as whether I am going to get three of my plots fertilized and disked today and the fourth one mowed.... and what time I can get in the stand today.

Good luck.

The mtn man

I'm not jealous of someone killing a tame deer, if that fires them up, then I hope it makes them happy, it doesn't effect me one way or another. I don't even care what they Hang their wall inside their own private home. Why would I or anyone else care?. If they kill it in a fence then make up some crazy story about how they killed it on public land, i still don't care. I sure wouldn't support a law that regulates what we can and cannot do with a legally shot deer.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Tag them all. Then we can stop guessing how old they are.

six

Is it legal for me to put tags in mine after they're mounted? I can't afford to hunt a deer farm, but would like for strangers to think I can.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Is it legal for me to put tags in mine after they're mounted? I can't afford to hunt a deer farm, but would like for strangers to think I can.

i got some old ones we have left over from tagging calves i can send you theyll look more authentic than brand new out of the pack

kiltman

I guess they require it to stay in case the deer gets off the wall and escapes back into the wild.

transfixer

Farm raised Whitetails ? in Georgia ? I've been deer hunting since 77 and never seen one or heard of such around here .

ProAngler

just thought the idea of someone shooting a deer at one of those places and being told, oh by the way you have to leave his tag in after you mount him was funny. Not actually proposing a new law. Sorry the humor was lost on most.

PappyHoel

FOLES55

So now I'm really confused, I've been hunting a farm for a long time and my deer aren't tagged! But they have been raised here and Only the cows have tags. Should I only be shooting the cows?::ke: