Acorn report?

ScottA

Had a northern red oak and a southern red oak put on the ground behind my house in Covington by Irma. Both were LOADED with acorns. On the northern red oak they were clumped together like grapes. The white oaks at the house are also loaded.

The mtn man

Our lease in hancock doesn't seem to have many whiteoaks that hit, i looked 2 weeks ago, red oaks hit, but whites and swamp chestnut did not seem to hit. We are right on Lake sinclair.

TAG

White Oaks are plentiful and falling in Fannin County

RJFortune

Chestnut and red oaks have dropped bushels and bushels every day for three weeks now. My white oaks don't seem to have many acorns on them and aren't dropping anything.

This is in Hall County.

My club in Franklin County is dropping some, but the white oaks aren't dropping yet.

transfixer

Nothing falling yet in Oglethorpe county, what I've seen on the ground was from Irma winds, and they were plenty green.

ProAngler

Nothing falling yet in Oglethorpe county, what I've seen on the ground was from Irma winds, and they were plenty green.

Glad to see maybe they just have not fallen yet. I did not start seeing many until oct 14 last year

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I didn't think we had a good crop this year until Irma passed through. Still dropping

It's very sparse down in the SE corner of Troup. A few water and red oaks but the white oaks just don't look like they are going to produce this year.

BowanaLee

The white oaks were loaded in Dekalb near the Henry co line. I know because the hurricane knocked a lot down. Don't know if theres any left but with that many down early, they'll run out of acorns early this year.
Food plots and bait should be real hot late in the season.

ProAngler

The white oaks were loaded in Dekalb near the Henry co line. I know because the hurricane knocked a lot down. Don't know if theres any left but with that many down early, they'll run out of acorns early this year.
Food plots and bait should be real hot late in the season.

I'm wondering if this next TS will knock the rest own this weekend?

Tombuster

I think they’re starting to drop. I’m getting some modem pictures of 2 year olds sneaking in now.

Attachments

• 949E0090-BB0D-44DC-ACB7-97D9E8585E3D.jpg
    949E0090-BB0D-44DC-ACB7-97D9E8585E3D.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 9048F687-E4D9-4D66-BC21-A4058F842429.jpeg
    9048F687-E4D9-4D66-BC21-A4058F842429.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 160
  • ACE7D009-2BD5-4C10-9349-676D3839A67B.jpeg
    ACE7D009-2BD5-4C10-9349-676D3839A67B.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 160

transfixer

Looked again today with Binoculars in Oglethorpe, plenty of acorns on the trees, water oaks and red oaks, nothing dropping yet though.

wyldwulf

I checked all my trees in Upson yesterday. Sadly, I could not find one with an acorn to share. Hope this is isolated!

wildlands

Spalding county white oak crop is bumper one this year. Wind did not get bad so most should stay on the tree for a few more weeks.

Powerline

I was at the lease this past Sat fixing my box stand that a pine fell on, and man the white oaks are loaded up. Lamar county