Stamp Creek

TripleXBullies

I fished Stamp for the first time in YEARS on Saturday. I saw a handful of stockers but none wanted to play. It was 1pm so they had already been harassed a little bit. The gate was open up the first bridge. Although the trout didn't want to bite we caught bluegill, red breast, pumpkin seed and bass.

Do spotted bass get that far up, or was it a baby largemouth? We also caught some dark colored bass with blueish green streaks and some vertical dark bars. We didn't get great shots of them but I'll try to post them later.

Supposedly they're still stocking Stamp twice a month through Labor day. Does anyone know when exactly?

bassboy1

Do spotted bass get that far up, or was it a baby largemouth?

Probably a redeye bass.

We also caught some dark colored bass with blueish green streaks and some vertical dark bars. We didn't get great shots of them but I'll try to post them later.

Probably a rock bass.

I doubt you'll see a spot up that far.

Jeff Raines

I've heard they quit stocking Stamp in July,same with Raccoon Creek.Water gets to warm.

BTW-I have seen gar up at the bridges

TripleXBullies

I heard that too from a guy that was fishing. Online says it was going to stock through labor day.

I saw red eye bass, it was definitely not red eye. It was a largemouth or a spot. The other was definitely not a rock bass. It was a bass, not a pan fish. Let me see if I can get the pictures up somewhere.

TripleXBullies

Here's one. There's a little bit of red, but not a red eye. There were others with this one that through the water I would have thought were red eye bass. More red in the fins and definitely red eyes.

Attachments

• 20170819_150840.jpg
    20170819_150840.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,050

TripleXBullies

Maybe they're all variations of red eye..

FIGURE-1-Typical-pigmentation-and-pattern-of-members-of-the-M-coosae-species-group-M.png

fish hawk

Bass Master
Redeye Coosa bass .Eye color is not a determining factor in bass species

fish hawk

Bass Master
Probably, although the top one looks to be a redeye/spot hybrid......Redeye,Chattahoochee,Tallapoosa,Bartram and Altamaha bass all closely resemble each other and sometimes can be hard to tell them apart.One of the main things to look at is the location caught.http://georgiawildlife.com/fishing/identification

Buckman18

Stamp Creek is in the Savannah River Drainage. That would make this a Bartram's Bass. He is a little far North than I would expect. Colors and patterns in the first pick look odd but it is a baby. Second one could defiantly morphs as a Bartram's but the photo is not so good. The area of Stamp creek is in the Bartram's Range in accordance with GDNR. https://gadnrwrd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=360c1018b643486ea704dc1a5888c1b7

The Stamp Creek that is stocked trout waters is in the Coosa River drainage.

GA BASS ODYSSEY

The Stamp Creek that is stocked trout waters is in the Coosa River drainage.

There is also a Stamp Creek above Lake Rabun just west of Wiley Ga. That's up near Clayton Ga. I thought this was the place he was talking about as my family is originally from that area.

Coosa bass is right.