Was it you that got boat knocked off in road?

j_seph

Wife came up on an accident off of Limestone yesterday in Gainesville. Said the boat, center console was sitting in the road off the trailer.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I saw a boat go over the guardrail in the dip just north of Hwy 52. It was being pulled by a CJ jeep that got to fishtailing. The boat and trailer went over the rail, the jeep stayed up in the road. Barely

j_seph

like that ::ke:

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,117

StriperrHunterr

Dang. I saw a 40ft Donzi trailer get clipped by an SUV on PIB in Suwanee one evening last week. Well, I saw the results about 2 seconds after they happened when all of the sudden the trailer's brakes started squealing and smoking, then looked back up the intersection and saw the damaged SUV.

Coenen

Dang. I saw a 40ft Donzi trailer get clipped by an SUV on PIB in Suwanee one evening last week. Well, I saw the results about 2 seconds after they happened when all of the sudden the trailer's brakes started squealing and smoking, then looked back up the intersection and saw the damaged SUV.
I saw that too!(the aftermath at least) Right where Suwanee Dam meets PIB, right? There were chunks of that SUV's grille sitting there on the side of the road for a couple days after.

donald-f

The picture looks like the trailer disconnected. It appears the boat is still partly on the trailer? Maybe he got lucky and most of the damage was to the trailer.

Double check the lock on trailer ball and always use something to lock it closed. ie A small bolt with nut, zip tie, a piece of wire. I have used all of the above but I use a lock on the ball and another on the hitch since times have gotten so bad.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I wonder if that blonde headed lady beside the SUV was the driver?

Its tough to see in the pic but the tow vehicle was a nice white chevy crew cab. Trailer was still attached to the truck. You cant see it because the SUV is in the way. Someone at the gas station said that it looked like the lady driving the SUV ran the light and struck the boat that was turning left onto limestone.:crazy:

donald-f

Its tough to see in the pic but the tow vehicle was a nice white chevy crew cab. Trailer was still attached to the truck. You cant see it because the SUV is in the way. Someone at the gas station said that it looked like the lady driving the SUV ran the light and struck the boat that was turning left onto limestone.:crazy:

I assumed wrong about the trailer coming loose but the preventive measures I mentioned still apply when towing. Be safe.

Coenen

I wonder if that blonde headed lady beside the SUV was the driver?
Hard to tell, but it doesn't look like there's a hitch on that Explorer. Perhaps she cut it too close when the guy with the boat swung wide to turn? Maybe she's just a witness.

While we're playing CSI: Gainesville, it does look like the trailer is sitting parallel to the red SUV, and the boat is sitting caddywompus on the rear of the bunks. Zoom in! Enhance!

j_seph

Another view

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1508382781665.jpg
    FB_IMG_1508382781665.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 622

StriperrHunterr

The picture looks like the trailer disconnected. It appears the boat is still partly on the trailer? Maybe he got lucky and most of the damage was to the trailer.

Double check the lock on trailer ball and always use something to lock it closed. ie A small bolt with nut, zip tie, a piece of wire. I have used all of the above but I use a lock on the ball and another on the hitch since times have gotten so bad.

Same here, though I only use actual locks. I understand if you're out an about and lose the lock or something and you've got to do what you've got to do, but if I'm at the house and I don't have a lock I'll cancel the trip before I'll trust the linkage to a zip tie.

Coenen

I assumed wrong about the trailer coming loose but the preventive measures I mentioned still apply when towing. Be safe.
Depending on when the picture was taken, maybe they disconnected the tow vehicle to help clear the intersection? Looking at the second pic, that had to be one heck of an impact. Woof.