Fishing Help

getaff

I have an 8 year old grand daughter that wants to fish with G. However, I do not have a good place to take her to have more success than not. I am not familar with the lakes here: High Falls, Juilette to mention a couple. I live in Barnesville so if you can help me out before she loses interest that would be great. TIA

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
For an 8 year old, any old pond or lake full of bream keeps them entertained. Some bobbers, hooks and either some worms or crickets would be fine I'd think. I'd suggest catfish as well, but I don't think sitting and waiting would be very fun at that age. maybe sit a rod out for one while catching the panfish

Coenen

Barnesville Reservoir? It looks like there's public access. It's situated off of City Pond Road, between Van Buren Rd, and Barnesville-Jackson Rd.

Google Maps is a great asset to help find spots to fish. The standard map view really makes lakes and other water bodies stand out, then you can use the satellite view to look for accesses and other important features.

centerpin fan

Charlie Elliott WMA has a couple of "kids only" ponds plus other ponds that anyone can fish. It's located just south of Mansfield on GA 11. I don't know if that's convenient for you, but it's a good place to take kids.

donald-f

Charlie Elliott WMA has a couple of "kids only" ponds plus other ponds that anyone can fish. It's located just south of Mansfield on GA 11. I don't know if that's convenient for you, but it's a good place to take kids.

Get some cheap hotdogs and leave them out of fridge a couple of days before going and only use a small piece for cats. Crickets or worms for pan fish.

Derek Snider

Big lazer Lake off of po biddy rd in Thomaston. They have good bank access and plenty of bream and crappie. Also, sprewell bluff wma has good access to the flint river which is full of shoal bass and bream. The river should be down and reasonably safe right now being as we haven’t had much rain. That would be a more scenic and adventurous trip. I’m pretty sure you will have to obtain a wma stamp in addition to your fishing license in both places. Check the regs to be sure.