Fried Pies

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Kelli and I had been wanting to make some fried pies, so last week we did just that. The first batch we made were peach. We made them full size and they were super good. A friend from work brought me some dried apples from the mountains also. I decided to split them down into a little smaller pie. Those dried apples turned out amazing and were probably my favorite of the two.

Attachments

• pie1.JPG
    pie1.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 570
  • pie2.JPG
    pie2.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 571

ryork

Man those do look good!! Reminds me of my grandmothers, they both used to make those with various fillings.

little rascal

Wowsa!

Those look really GOOD!
I love anything Peach.
That's real crust, the good stuff.:cool:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Mama used to make those on Sunday when I was a youngun. She used both dried apples and dried peaches. Ever once in a while she would dust them in confectioners sugar soon as they drained from the grease. It don`t get no better than those things.

snuffy

I haven't had one of those in, well too long!

Looks great.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Seeing them brings back a lot of memories. My grandmother used to make them all the time.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I shouldn't have opened this thread. I may just have to teach my kids how to make fried pies today.

MudDucker

Staff member
I remember when those were the hot items during tobacco sales days. Vendors sold all different varieties made from fresh fruit.

GA1dad

I knew better than to open this thread,,, now I'm craving my Granny's fried sweet tater pies.

Looking Good!!

JonathanG2013

Those look great brings back memories. My Grandma used to make these all the time. They look delicious.

Went to Ellijay over the weekend and bought some Arkansas Black apples and Pink Ladies. Bet the Arkansas black will work well for fried apple pies also.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Now you done gone an flung a cravin upon me. I need to learn to make em cause I do love em so!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Just so you know, I've got a ball of dough resting in the fridge till I get the kitchen cleaned from supper, then I'm popping open an jar of homemade apple sauce and I'm gonna fry up some pies.