Psa ar10?

ssramage

Any reviews or thoughts on the AR10 from PSA? Specifically thinking about the below for hunting/shooting out to 500 yds at the local range.

Upper:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...15-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-and-ch-516445088.html
OR
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...win-1-10-upper-w-bcg-and-charging-handle.html

Lower:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...08-lower-with-over-molded-grip-516446217.html
OR
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen2-pa10-308-complete-classic-lower-receiver-77932912.html

So in total I'd be in for $500-600 for what seems to be a decent AR10. Thoughts? Anything else worth considering?

transfixer

That should fit the bill just fine, in fact if I can free up some funds I think I will order one of those myself, the only thing you might want to do after you have put a few rounds through it, is upgrade the trigger assembly, depending on how that one feels, a lot of different options out there for clean breaking crisp triggers.

I don't think anyone else is coming close to the prices of Palmetto state ,

ssramage

That should fit the bill just fine, in fact if I can free up some funds I think I will order one of those myself, the only thing you might want to do after you have put a few rounds through it, is upgrade the trigger assembly, depending on how that one feels, a lot of different options out there for clean breaking crisp triggers.

I don't think anyone else is coming close to the prices of Palmetto state ,

Would you spring for the more expensive upper and lower, or is the budget combo going to give similar performance?

killerv

I'd go with the 399 upper with the ff handguard, should be a little more accurate.

lower doesn't matter, the more expensive one just has better stock, grip on it...which is nice. See if they have a lower with their ept trigger kit.

ssramage

I'd go with the 399 upper with the ff handguard, should be a little more accurate.

lower doesn't matter, the more expensive one just has better stock, grip on it...which is nice. See if they have a lower with their ept trigger kit.

They do for $179 actually, it just has the standard MOE stock vs the ACS stock.

transfixer

Agree on the upper, worth it to get the free float handguard, I'd probably go with the more expensive lower, unless you know you're going to change out the buttstock and grip to another version anyway, there is a ton of options on both of those, I'm using an ergo rubber grip on my .300blk, fits my hand better and is more comfortable , there are longer fixed buttstocks which work better for precision shooting, but some can be somewhat pricey.

ssramage

Went ahead and purchased the lower to get it en route to the FFL. I'll grab the upper in a couple weeks. It goes on sale a good bit.

rjcruiser

I had a thread on these about a month ago. Still haven't bit the bullet, but am eyeing them closely. they had the upper with lower parts kit for $469 and a stripped lower for around $79 I believe. With tax and delivery, it's less than $600. Hard to beat that for a .308 rifle.

Good luck with the rifle.

Buckhead

I ordered a Gen 2 PA 10 lower last week. UPS is scheduled to deliver it tomorrow. Eventually will put a 20" upper on it.

I have had good luck with PSA products. Both lowers and uppers. Not the same quality level as the high end ARs, but on par with Bushies, S&W and some of the other popularly priced stuff. Good value.

Knotwild

They have a deal on a 6.5 Creedmoor upper, 20", free float handguard for $499.00. Deal ends 12pm 10/18. You can watch your bullets impact steel at 500 with that setup.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Buddy of mine has one. I don't know about 500 yards, but his is very accurate out to 200, which is as far as we have shot it. I have two PSA ARs, one in 5.56 and one in 7.62x39. Both are good rifles. I have killed several bucks with the 7.62x39.