Chattahoochee Bend State Park

triton63

Got drawn for this 2 day quota hunt. Did some scouting today and it is pretty land. Will be interesting to see where all the hunters go. Seems like on many quota hunts lots of hunters end up in the same general area. Plenty of land to spread out on with 2900 acres but limited road access will probably put many hunting on top of each other. Anyone else going? Any tips from those that have hunted the state park quota hunts before? Thanks.

NUTT

Get on the river! Find some privet hedge bottoms and hang on. Some old grown up fields down there too.

jav

I will be there. 2 nd time hunting there. Saw plenty of deer the first time. I will be on the front part of the property.

decatur dawg

My buddy and I were picked for this hunt. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do any scouting until the Monday prior to the hunt. Buddy has hunted it several times so I hope he can point me in the right direction. Like you, I wonder where the majority of hunters will go and would like to go the opposite direction!

triton63

I used 4 because I didn't have any where else that I wanted to use them. I think 75% of the people with 2 points were drawn as well.

bubbafowler

If you have a boat and the river doesn't swell too bad from this rain then hit the river from a boat. I hunted it before it was a quota hunt. Roads were right l different then. But good hunting everywhere.

specialk

If you have a boat and the river doesn't swell too bad from this rain then hit the river from a boat. I hunted it before it was a quota hunt. Roads were right l different then. But good hunting everywhere.

which ramp would be best to put in at?

ktc286

Looking forward to the hunt. My group did some scouting a few weeks ago. Plenty of fresh sign no matter where you look. Looks like they are cutting timber also on flat rock rd on the private land so the deer should push over to the river nicely!

triton63

I know the info I have said all the roads would be open. Does that include the maintenance access roads that go to the northern camping areas? There are several "roads" that are old logging trails but the park personnel do ride their vehicles on them but they are not really what I would consider roads.

ktc286

I know the info I have said all the roads would be open. Does that include the maintenance access roads that go to the northern camping areas? There are several "roads" that are old logging trails but the park personnel do ride their vehicles on them but they are not really what I would consider roads.

Per the park personnel, flat rock rd that goes to the north end platform camp ground would be open as well as all other gated roads. I sure hope that is the case.

JR'S GUIDE

I would hunt the south end because they have been clear cutting the land just below the park for weeks and that should have pushed some deer north. I would stay away from fooling with a boat, the park has a very shallow ramp and rocky with no rain this weekend the river will be low by mid week but it was running a little high today so it might have some water mid week. Please post how you did I am curious about that place.

NUTT

Coweta County has no parking signs on some of the public county roads so pay attention to those if you are accessing from certain areas. Good Luck and give some reports!

wood888

Careful by boat. That section is a rock garden. At times the ramp is very shallow, so you do want some flow, not swollen but up. Also, finding some shallow bank may be hard. I would not try it, sight unseen, in the dark.

JR'S GUIDE

Got drawed also never been. never really herd anything about this place. Any good bucks taken?
I know over the last 25 years or so there has been 2 B&C bucks taken in the area and 3 or 4 more that were bigger that was never scored to avoid attention.