New Beginnings 2015 Final Ride. JT and Bubba Live From The Tree in Iowa

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ha thx Philtuts :cheers:

Nor gonna happen this morning unless he decides to surprise me. Climbing down in half hour or so. If anything changes yall will know. Otherwise I'll see you this afternoon.

Did I mention the cloud cover is back and the wind has a serious bite to it? Like snow? Lovely

philtuts

Sounds chilly. My buddy and I are planning a Midwest trip next year to Indiana hopefully in November or late October.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back in stand on a windy, spitting snow and rainy iowa afternoon

In sitting on a thin strip of woods in the middle of giant fields behind the farmhouse lodge. I have a flooded cut bean field to my back, crp and cut corn in front with more crp,cut corn and cut beans in every direction as far as I can see.

It's 35 and the winds are kicking me hard from the sw which is in my left ear.

Pics from left to right and loving at my location map, everything in dark green and most of what's brown is crp. The deer are laid up in that and hopefully using my 8 yard wide treeline to travel

2:15 ...about 3 hours to go!

Attachments

• IMG_20151201_37775.jpg
    IMG_20151201_37775.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,142
  • IMG_20151201_42287.jpg
    IMG_20151201_42287.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,113
  • IMG_20151201_50700.jpg
    IMG_20151201_50700.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • IMG_20151201_30849.jpg
    IMG_20151201_30849.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,122

Jim Boyd

Get 'em JT and Bubba.

Don't care which one of you I live vicariously through (or both) / I just want to see you guys get it done!

You are our inspiration !

QTurn

Good luck guys!! Just now catching up. Been on the road to Kansas!! Myself, hogman3, and two others have made it to Lyndon, Kansas! We spent the morning making sure our rifles are on target and scouting where we want to hunt. We're in Topeka right now spending a little time at a restaurant known for it's wings and pretty waitresses...

We'll be live tomorrow for the rifle opener!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
First deer. Doe and fawn came out of corner to south of me, crossed strip of crp and are feeding in corn about 70 yards in front of me

Attachments

• IMG_20151201_14874.jpg
    IMG_20151201_14874.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,085

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Good luck Jim, you all are really putting in some time this year.
Are you all seeing any ducks taking advantage of all that standing water?

Core Lokt

Y'all do something!!

Our rut is really starting to get going. Bucks being killed almost daily and I'm off starting tomorrow for 5 days.... it's Dec 1 and 81*. Front coming through tomorrow and will drop to 40 and 60's for lows and highs.

Good luck to everyone hunting :cheers:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Gage, I was covered up in ducks this morning, so yeah.

This pic is for those of you that don't follow us on Facebook or Instagram or twitter etc. ..and of course for j_seph since he likes my food pics:fine:

Can't explain how great this sammage is right now!

Attachments

• 2015-12-01 15.26.52.jpg
    2015-12-01 15.26.52.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 1,048

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Gage, I was covered up in ducks this morning, so yeah.

This pic is for those of you that don't follow us on Facebook or Instagram or twitter etc. ..and of course for j_seph since he likes my food pics:fine:

Can't explain how great this sammage is right now!

Faceplant, Twitter and Instagram are for kids and pikers. GON is where it's at for grownup deer hunters. Errybody no that.:bounce:

QTurn

My IG name is the same as my GON name....

And our waitress is on IG as well. So we're 3 year deep on her page right now.. It has it's benefits. Just sayin'...

BornToHuntAndFish

Way to get after 'em JT & Bubba. All it takes is one good moment to take a change for the better. Good luck, Gentlemen.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
This was not a logical stand selection with the wind bow at brutal capacity and the sleet slamming into the side of my head.

Seem a couple more deer in the fields, but keeping phone up because of having to hold onto tree

Jim Boyd

Good luck Q Turn and Hogman!!!

GA DAWG

Dang I missed a day and a half of this. Yall kill something. I cant.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Couple more deer in and out of the grasses. Aren't staying around long when they do come out. Completeopposite of yesterday eve. 4:22. Maybe another hour

elfiii

Admin
Staff member