I Tagged Out: First Time Ever

crucible02

I'm 32 years old but I've only been hunting for the past 5-6 years. I killed my first deer my second year of hunting and it was a heavy 8 pointer that I mounted. Since then, I've only killed does and then went a whole season where I was skunked. Then last year, I finally saw another buck! He was an 8 and the only deer I had a shot on all season so I took him. He's a euro mount in my office.

So far, this has been the best season I've had. I have seen tons of deer this year, to the point that I felt very comfortable passing on them.

However, I was able to tag out on bucks for the first time ever!

The first one was a big bodied- short tined 8. He was the heaviest deer I've ever seen in person and I filled my freezer just with him! I was able to take him in Floyd County with my crossbow (first bow kill, btw) 30 minutes after missing what would have been my first true wall-hanger.

The second one was a tall 8 that looked like a monster from 150 yards :D I got him at my uncle's farm in Tattnall County as I was climbing out of my blind to head in for breakfast!

I am having euro's done of both and will display them together on some old barn wood my father-in-law brought back from an old farm he hunted on in Missouri this year.

118387C7-59C4-474A-A3CE-0DB1897FF2F2_zpsai015hrv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

4E52A45F-9E3E-49EC-96F0-0FC80B397A61_zpsgrp0xhcw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

12B6962C-8DE7-4166-ABE8-16B2942F2FA9_zpslgn4dhqy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

83C84D62-A0CC-4EAB-8C93-2828DE187021_zpsbnyyxy6t.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes, I had orange with the Tattnall buck... This was later after we dragged him out.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Congrats on both. They will make fine trophies.

Highintheshoulder

Congrats !!!

Latest posts