Dog hunting

southgabowhunter

Same here, best type of hunting IMO. Hearing that deer crashing through the bushes and the roar of the dogs gives you an adrenaline rush like nothing else. Lampadoshia Hunting Club, Camden co. Ga: Cathole/Skeeter Swamp Hunting Club, Pierce co Ga

tjarr001

does anyone know about the big dog hunting convention that is on the 29th and 30th of this month, i think that i herd its in albany but im not sure and i am looking for more info on it

JpEater

Killed six this year dog hunting. We run dogs every wednesday and saturday on my 17k acre club in burke county. I didn't miss a wed or sat this year unless I was stuck working at the fire house! I love it!

swampdaddy

Were still doggin at the Duck Roost in WACO

There's a BUNCH of us on here that dog hunt.
Duck Roost Hunting Club, Washington County Ga.
6000 acres, 30+ members, deer dogs, hog dogs,bird dogs,coon dogs and rabbit dogs. If it can be dogged we got a member dogging it.

Dreamer69

Been a dog hunter most of my life.. Even started my kids in it. Started off in Bulloch co. then Jenkins and last club in Screven.. Sure do miss the dog hunting bad.. Killed my biggest buck ever dog hunting.. Missed it so bad now I live farther north where they look at you crazy when you say chasing deer with dogs. Had to get me some beagles to hear dogs run. But it bout aint worth havin any kind of dogs up here.. No one has the comarade feeling or sticking close like yall do down there.. I surely miss it and so does my son and daughter.. We was talking about that the other night. Great to see a deer dogging thread get going on here.

Roberts19SR

"Dog Huntin' man" - David Cooler.

It's a way of life for most of us. There isn't nothing like hearing a pack burning one coming towards you.... Rather do that then sit in a stand anyday!

simpleman30

i'm a member of the oldest continuously operating deer-dog clubs in georgia. they've been hunting the same land for over 100 years.

i'll become the biggest anti-hunter around if they outlaw deer hunting with dogs.

CPiper

Not right now ... deer season went out on January 1st.
I will be doing so again on August 15, 2011.

Good Times Will Be Rollin In South Carolina!! :fine:

Lil D

Thompson Pasture is the oldest dog-hunting club in Georgia that is still up and running.

Roberts19SR

One question people... I run dogs in Liberty County, there is Dog Hunting Clubs all around, in all the surrounding counties... There is a Still Hunting Club that leased land right next to ours and a couple more Dog clubs... They call theirselves "Trophy Hunters." You're lucky if the deer is bigger than an 8 point around the coast... Small bodied deer... Why in the world do they try to ruin it for us, if our dogs cross the property line, BAM! They go to holding dogs, magnets in collars, writing tickets, calling game wardens.... I just don't understand it...

Ole boy shot a basket rack 7 point the other day, dogs crossed the property line that drive, he met us at the gate. First thing he said was "That deer had potential." Blows my mind.

huntmore

You should have told him you are right and he still does have potential. He could potentaly make the best deer stew I have eaten in the last couple days and you would let him know if he is correct.::ke:

huntmore

I started out deer hunting with dogs and it was a pain in the but. The so called hunt master didn't know crap about dogs and deer. There is to much politics in alot of clubs (briar creek). I go to enjoy the hunt not listen to a bunch of grown men act like children. I once watced a man pull a gun on another man, what were they arguing about, how good their dogs were. Idiots
I did have some good times, but it is like the old saying one oh crap over rules a million ataboys. So one crap hunt day ruins a bunch of good hunt days.

simpleman30

Thompson Pasture is the oldest dog-hunting club in Georgia that is still up and running.

it's close. Portal and Thompson Pasture are both pretty old.