Took my new Vortex PST out to the farm.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
This is the New improved Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA with the Vortex Custom Turret.

Didn't have enough time to do much testing, but here are a few pics to wet your whistle. I only wish I put the five shot group that's in upper right into the X ring. :rofl: The turret adjusted right to the X ring the first time.

gt40

PS: The turrets turn much stiffer than the other scope I had. I also like the way the zoom adjustment ring turns. The old one was a little harder to turn.

The picture at the bottom is the Vortex Custom Turret for the trajectory in yards of my 6mm Norma BR. shooting Berger 105 gr. VLDs. It is sighted in for a 200 yd. zero.

Attachments

• pst 1.jpg
    pst 1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 508
  • pst 2.jpg
    pst 2.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 469
  • pst 3.jpg
    pst 3.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 482
  • pst 4.jpg
    pst 4.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 464
  • 200 yd. zero.jpg
    200 yd. zero.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 470
  • vortex bubble level 1.JPG
    vortex bubble level 1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

chuckdog

Great looking rig. I've got a Vortex Viper Target Dot scope that I haven't taken out to wring it out yet. It looks quite impressive for the $$$. I know mine was about 1/2 the price of yours and ain't in the same class, but I really like what I've seen from these guys. They seem to listen, and react to what their customers are looking for in optics. I think I read where another member, Germag recently got one of their Razor's . Congrats, keep us updated on your rigs performance.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does that scope have a zero-stop function on the elevation turret? I haven't even had a chance to take my Razor to the range yet. I only had it for a few days before I ended up in the hospital and I've been back and forth constantly since then......I have 3 weeks right now though before I have to worry about going back, so I'm going to try to get a day at the range sometime during that 3 weeks.

cmshoot

Gerald, let me know when ya get a chance to shoot it and we'll got to my range and do 'er up.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gerald, let me know when ya get a chance to shoot it and we'll got to my range and do 'er up.

Thanks, Shep! That sounds like a winner!

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Does that scope have a zero-stop function on the elevation turret? I haven't even had a chance to take my Razor to the range yet. I only had it for a few days before I ended up in the hospital and I've been back and forth constantly since then......I have 3 weeks right now though before I have to worry about going back, so I'm going to try to get a day at the range sometime during that 3 weeks.

First I hope you recover fast. Second yes it does have a zero stop.

gt40