Tikka T3 Walnut or Synthetic Stock

Quickbeam

Tikka's website is confusing. http://www.tikka.fi/features.php states that only the wooden stocks feature free floating barrels. But the technical specifications for both the Lite and Hunter claim to feature free floating barrels. Which is it? Is the synthetic stock stiff enough to not touch the barrel when some force is applied when shooting with a sling?

Clarke123

The synthetic stocks are free floating ...
However, I have seen posts on other forums
indicating that some people have complained about
"flex" in their synthetic stock when shooting with a sling.

Answers included using a thin coat type "glass bedding" compound to overcome this problem ...

I have a Tikka T3 Synthetic, but I normally do not shoot for a "tightly held" sling when I shoot ... So, I haven't seen the problem.

You might try "Googling" the problem and, hopefully find more information on this.

Kunsan

I have a Tikka T3 Hunter 30-06, which has a walnut stock. I love this rifle and have owned it for almost 2 years. Being a military vet, I maintain my firearms as I was trained and always clean/maintain them as if my life depended on them. This past deer season my walnut stock cracked at the front of the forearm. I took it back to the store to see what they or the Beretta rep could do about it. The Beretta rep said I caused the damage because I put it on a 4 wheeler without protection while driving to my deer stand. The problem with this is I don't even have a 4 wheeler or access to one. I walk to my stands. Since Beretta would do nothing about my stock, I asked how much a new stock would cost. I was told it would be about $450 for a new walnut stock for a rifle I paid $600 for. I love my Tikka, but will not be buying a new stock for it. I'm not trying to give Tikka a bad name, as I previously wrote I live my Tikka. But don't expect much customer service from Beretta if you have any problems with a Tikka.

RipperIII

I have a Tikka T3 Hunter 30-06, which has a walnut stock. I love this rifle and have owned it for almost 2 years. Being a military vet, I maintain my firearms as I was trained and always clean/maintain them as if my life depended on them. This past deer season my walnut stock cracked at the front of the forearm. I took it back to the store to see what they or the Beretta rep could do about it. The Beretta rep said I caused the damage because I put it on a 4 wheeler without protection while driving to my deer stand. The problem with this is I don't even have a 4 wheeler or access to one. I walk to my stands. Since Beretta would do nothing about my stock, I asked how much a new stock would cost. I was told it would be about $450 for a new walnut stock for a rifle I paid $600 for. I love my Tikka, but will not be buying a new stock for it. I'm not trying to give Tikka a bad name, as I previously wrote I live my Tikka. But don't expect much customer service from Beretta if you have any problems with a Tikka.

Who was your Rep.?
I have a good buddy high up the chain with Beretta, p.m. me.