Good deer processor near Athens

dwills

I was wondering where a good deer processor is located around athens. Also, do they clean the deer for you or just process the meat?

marknga

GONetwork Member
Don't know how far you'd be willing to go but Dorminey's in Carnesville is probably the, no it is the best processor I've ever done business with.

Dorminey's Deer & Hog Processing, 560 Farmers Academy Rd., Carnesville, (706) 384-5509.

Mark

chris41081

There is also one on 29 right in Winder. Dont know how far you travelo out. It's right across the old mellow mushroom. If you took 316 to hwy 11 and turn right, then turn left on 29 its right there on your right. Never used them, i just quarter mine out usually. I have always used redbarn in loganville for everything else. Hope that might help.

stuffer

Don't know how far you'd be willing to go but Dorminey's in Carnesville is probably the, no it is the best processor I've ever done business with.

Dorminey's Deer & Hog Processing, 560 Farmers Academy Rd., Carnesville, (706) 384-5509.

Mark

x2 on dorminey's nice people to be around & you get your meat back quickly:cool:

Bring it over and I will show you how to do it yourself with a commercial grinder and slicer

wtailchaser

Smitty's in Stephens if they're still around. I have been doing my own and haven't been there in years, but they always did a good job in a timely manner.

Nastytater

Banned
Firetower on 78 in Lexington makes good summer sausage.

Yep,ive herd great things about the summer sausage and even had a chance to try it out....Good stuff,also their jerky is nothing to laugh at....GOOOOOOOD stuff......

Ambull

The Deer Market is good, in Jefferson, right down the road from Sealy's...where in Athens are you.

P

Grunt-n-bleat

I second the motion for the Deer Market. Nothing but great service from them. They will also clean your deer for like 10 dollars more.

Xeroid

Does the Deer Market do summer sausage and jerky? I'm looking to change my deer processor this year too.

Arrow3

Hick's in Crawford is the best to use in my opinion.

kyleh28

I would have to agree on The Deer Market also. Great people and very clean place. Yes they do summer sausage and jerky.