Chattahoochee Bruiser

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Way to go jbogg, thats a Big Ole PIG!!:cheers:

ppdaazn

Lots of laurel. Lots of rhododendron. Some might be open. Some might be so thick you can barely make it through, if at all. Some are piney with red oaks and some greenbrier and ground pine. Maybe some hill cane. Some are shady and with white oaks, poplars, basswood, hickories, sweetgums and LOTS AND LOTS of blueberries. Doghobble and hazel alders along the creek banks. They're all different. I'd be hunting the thick up around the heads of the creeks. Hogs are on the red oaks mostly right now. If you're new to the mtns, it's a good idea to have a GPS with you or know how to navigate with topo map and compass unless you plan on just staying right on the creek so you can follow it back down. Don't get yourself lost in the thick unless you don't mind spending the night in the big woods.
If you can find gentle terrain with a southern aspect up in the head of a creek, hogs might be beded or pilfering nearby. Hogs stay on the move, and you should too unless you find some smoking hot sign that is +-24 hours old. When you find sign that fresh, I'd sit on it. Also,look at the map and target the widest creek bottoms and river valleys. That's where the hogs will usually be hanging out, and bedding up high later in the day up in the tribs and off the main creek.

thank you. that is a lot of info. going to google what those look like lol. still learning! still trying to bag my first pig.